Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Pulled Over and actually enjoyed it.

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2007, 07:01 PM
Jan 2009 ROTM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Pulled Over and actually enjoyed it.

Thanks for the helmet tip.

Old 06-03-2007, 07:06 PM

Ya, whether or not you get a ticket seems to have more to do with who is pulling you over then what you are doing wrong...

Old 06-03-2007, 07:40 PM

ORIGINAL: WoodyRR

As pleasant as you may EVER be, sometimes the cop already has decided you are getting a ticket LONG before you even stop. I ALWAYS stay respectful (I'm too aware to not know the cop is pulling me over) and will pull over before the cop even catches up to me (in the car or on the bike). I speak with respect and even sometimes try to make them laugh. Only been pulled over once on the bike...and the cop wrote me a ticket (speeding 77 in a 45). I didn't take my helmet or gloves off or take the key out either. Would that have "helped" me get out of that ticket, I doubt it. But my method has let me out of SEVERAL tickets (I'd say at least a dozen). On the flip side though, I've been written SEVERAL dozen tickets.
haha. I do the same thing. If i know i f***ed up in front of a cop in the first place it was my fault, i just pull over before they even get to me !

Kinda funny story happened once. Big wreck on the interstate and i was heading back to college from a break. Traffic was bumper to bumper at a stand still for about 2 hours. I was stopped right at the off ramp, about 10 feet past it. Well i was tired of waiting, saw a cop parked at the bottom of the ramp and didn't think anything of it. I get in my car, back up about one car legth, go do the ramp and bam i get a ticket. Wrong way on the interstate, i thought to myself you gotta be f***ing kidding me. After she wrote me the ticket she wrote me out some detailed directions to skip down a few exits and get back on the interstate... some people....

Old 06-04-2007, 12:20 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

granted i've never been pulled over on my bike. but i would have assumed that it would be best to stay on and suited up....just to turn the bike OFF. i can see where that would look good AND bad. if you stay on and suited up w/ the bike off and keep you're hands on your hips, or tank.....somewhere in plain view so they can see you arent moving for anything. but at the same time you look like you may be ready to take off again if you stay suited up, unless you place the key on the rear seat, and to Bluefox....that was one great idea i'll keep in the event i ever DO get pulled over.

but i feel also that if you are dismounting the bike infront of the officer, you could appear that you want to take off. as someone said somewhere above, you are at somewhat of a disadvantage ON the bike (if you were to for some insane reason, attack the officer).

just my 2 cents. not trying to spark any interenet arguements, lol. since its been going on enough on here lately. i feel the above IS usefull info in the event it ever DOES happen to anyone though.

Old 06-04-2007, 12:23 AM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy

pull over, turn off bike, take off helmet, stay on the bike , keep hands on the tank and you'll be fine

Old 06-04-2007, 12:31 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

not to thread jack........but once again we are on the cop topic. it is very annoying that sportbikes have that bad reputation. i have not been riding very long, only have 2,500 on my first bike......but i notice that whenever i do see a cop, i get quite the ****ty look, hard stares, and its because of the stereotype that "we" have i guess. i never knew about it before, lol. but now that i have a bike, i can see it. and i just saturday took a 2.5hr trip to a neighboring state and along the way cops were running radar. i was doing maybe 5 or 10 over and didnt get pulled over. but i was extremely nervous of it as i passed. i'll note that i LIVE IN MD. so the other two arguing threads going on in "off topic" right now had me nervous. i mean......if you're doing 5-10 over in you're car right next to me and im doing the same on my bike.......i felt i was going to get popped for speeding, not the car. and i felt that way all b/c of what just happened here in DC on the beltway. as if the guy that caused the havok on the beltway was me b/c im a fellow sportbike rider. i just see now what people on here complain and bitch about so often as far as being stereotyped. its a pain in the ***. i have not been pulled over yet, rarely speed. but i W/O A DOUBT get ****ty looks and hard stares.

Old 06-04-2007, 01:16 AM

I usually go 5-10 over whenever I'm riding on my bike. I've never had a problem with the police although everytime I see one I get nervous cause getting pulled over would suck since I'm still on a permit.

Old 06-04-2007, 01:45 AM

****ty looks and hard stares from the cops, and all the ladies drop thier jaws even when they are right next to thier significant other.... than again i ran a red light ( bcuz the light wouldnt change for me and there was no cross traffic ) with a cop in the parking lot who was to busy writing a report or something to even look my way even though i know he heard me bcuz his window was down and i have full akro...

i just got pulled over for the 1st time on my bike a few nights ago, i was riding with a few buddies back from hooters, and we were all by ourselves on this really nice strech of road popping wheelies and what not. i was at the front of the pack and i popped a nice lil wheelie (about 35 mph in a speed limit of 45). and alla sudden a cop was parked on the oppisite side of the road back in some parking lot... to be honest i thought about running but a few blocks ahead where some nasty train tracks, and at 120 or however fast i would have been up to by than...they would not have been looking to good. plus, all i would be running from was one ticket so i pulled of the main street and turned my bike of just like ya said ( making sure he could see me do it). he came up to me being an ******* and said "why would you do that, why?" with a mean tone, and i just camly said whilie taking of my helmet. "becasue it was fun." right when i said that and his entire demeanor changed, he became very laid back. and asked me if i would rather have a lecture or a ticket, and i said "i would love a lecture", turns out the guy rides too. He said the only reason i didnt get a ticket was because i could have ran and got away from him easily and i was polite. And i just smilied and said, yah i sure could have gotten away but if i dumped the bike it would not have been worth it.

Old 06-04-2007, 06:32 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: jaynd

......but i notice that whenever i do see a cop, i get quite the ****ty look, hard stares, and its because of the stereotype that "we" have i guess. i never knew about it before, lol. but now that i have a bike, i can see it.
I've noticed these stare-down too, but here is some food-for-thought.........

How would we notice that a police officer is staring us down if we weren't staring right back at them?

......And if we were in the cops shoes, noticing a group of motorcyclists staring us down, wouldn't we stare right back?

Makes you think a little.

Old 06-05-2007, 12:16 AM

lol good point blue

Quick Reply: Pulled Over and actually enjoyed it.