Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Please REPLY: Do you wear a helmet ???

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2005, 02:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Please REPLY: Do you wear a helmet ???

I'll admit, in the past there were occasions when I would go out without a helmet (riding passenger).... Not OFTEN, but every once in a while (esp in Summer) I'd be like, "Oh, we're just going down the street, I'll be fine..." or "Oh, I don't want to mess up my hair..." etc....

But then a good friend went down (in his own neighborhood) and took the brunt of impact at the base of his skull. Or rather, his helmet did... so his skull is still intact. That was all the convincing I needed, and I wouldn't even consider going out without one now (that, and one too many encounters with a dragonfly to the forehead at 50 mph... YOUCH!)

Old 01-21-2005, 06:04 PM

Being that im a new guy to the motorcycle scene, yep, i wear my helmet at all times. Although its not the law in PA, I still wear it.

Old 01-31-2005, 03:41 AM

Texas doesnt require you to anymore. But theres no way Id get on my bike without mine(HJC CL-14).Ever since I decided to jump a five foot tall ramp in fifth grade Iv worn one(on a bycycle). Ended up with a fractured skull, and 3rd degree road rash on my left cheek. I had to have alot of stiches(some under my eyelid). Ever since then it feels wierd to ride without a helmet.

Old 01-31-2005, 10:43 PM

ABSOLUTE!!!!! I wear an ARAI GT. It is a state law in TN but I would wear it regardless. I have already totaled out a Ducati and landed on my head in a bean field. Totaled out the helmet too. I also wear full body armor.

Old 02-07-2005, 08:51 AM

There is ALWAYS something on my head.

My main one is a the one that fits MY head the best: SHOEI
But I also have my custom painted HJC by me, which is the one pictured in my avatar.
I also have a nolan I wear 3% of the time.
There is also a forth I wear rarely, but you prolly won't like that one.

Old 02-07-2005, 01:52 PM

Nice looking helmet Tony. I saw a pic of your bike as well. The paint work you did looks great.

Old 02-07-2005, 08:50 PM

YES I do wear one, it's a LAW here in Ontario.

But even if helmets were not required I'd wear one anyway, why?

Given the controlled conditions of temperature, pressure, and atmospheric composition, the organism does whatever the hell it pleases.

There are only two types of riders in this world: Those that divide the world into two types of riders, and those that don't.

There are only two things that are infinite: Stupidity, and the Universe. And I'm not so sure about the Universe.
[:'(]

Old 02-08-2005, 01:18 AM

ORIGINAL: NeonspeedRT

Nice looking helmet Tony. I saw a pic of your bike as well. The paint work you did looks great.
Well, thanks NeonspeedRT!
Yep, I have a case of OCD (obsessive compulsive disorder), so that helps me with my quality control. lol
I learned to spray by reading the House of Kolor tech sheets, & then started from there with some experimental pieces.
I try to encourage all my friends & forum members (I am also on 2 forums for my car) to pick up at least body work & to try painting.

Old 03-01-2005, 10:42 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Safety first! I wear a new brand of helmet called "Scorpion". Go to their website. You'll be impressed and may buy one yourself when you need a new one. Here's a pic of the one I have below.

Old 03-02-2005, 10:34 PM

i wear a helmet 98% out of the time. Indiana law only requires a helmet if you have a permit.
i need to pick a 2nd one up so i have one for my passengers to wear.
i didnt get a lot of riding time in last summer due to my bike was getting rebuilt from the wreck in may, which i was wearing a helmet when i crashed.
HJC -14.. i do want a better helmet. any ideas?

Quick Reply: Please REPLY: Do you wear a helmet ???