Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Please REPLY: Do you wear a helmet ???

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2005, 05:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Please REPLY: Do you wear a helmet ???

Yes, I do wear a helmet. New york state law. I would wear one regardless. I wear an HJC.

Old 01-05-2005, 06:00 PM

yea. i allways wear a hellmet even in bed. doctor says it should to stop me from hitting my head all the time. it is an HJC. but allready has alot of cracks. but on a serious note i would never ride without it. i feel naked without my leathers, and you will never see me without my jaket on and it is a burley joe rocket speed master jacket so it is hot regardless of the temp outside. cali allso has helmet law, but to compinsate and allow the stupid to die off we allow lane spliting. something i have taken to a new art form hehehehe. a good pair of carbon fiber gloves taken to a cars window will put those cagers straight.

Old 01-05-2005, 07:41 PM

Yes I wear one. After riding dirtbikes and as many time as i TRIED to be a wanna-be motocross guy and failed im scared to ride without one. Aslo i wrecked a zrx1100 and after looking at what was left of the helmet i would have hated to see what my PRETTY[sm=love.gif] face would have looked like. That helmet was a Nolan but i have a shoel right now.

Old 01-07-2005, 11:57 AM

Yes, everytime I get on the bike. And I only wear Arai.

Old 01-07-2005, 06:27 PM

Always have and always will wear a helmet. On the subject of high speed, you don't have the heavy impact like a slow speed crash (unless you hit a concrete wall where nothing can save you). When you are involved in a high speed crash, mind you not hitting a solid, inanimate object (car, wall, etc) you skim the ground surface rather than slam into it when involved in a slow speed crash. You can be saved by a helmet at high speeds. My point is this: Why would AMA, MotoGP, WSB, BSB, or SM riders wear helmets if they didn't prevent injury during a high speed crash? I'm not sure what information you're relying on Chainstretcher...My 2 cents. You know you are part of the herd that is being thinned out as we speak.

QuiK

P.S. I wear a Suomy Spec-1 and a Shoei X-11 (not at the same time, ha). Depends on the day and what I feel like wearing. Not sure which one I like better.

-Yeah, I have a hair stylist. His name is Helmet.
-I would rather sweat than bleed.

Old 01-09-2005, 11:43 PM

I may seem like a stick in the mud, but yes, I do wear a helmet, KBC, and full gear EVERY time I ride. Lid, gloves, jacket, pants, and boots. Cant be too careful, and I have been down both ways and I choose to go down geared up!

Old 01-17-2005, 10:38 PM

NC LAW requires it
shoei rf 500 el cheapo!

Old 01-18-2005, 03:01 AM

Wouldn't ride without my Arai.

Old 01-21-2005, 01:19 PM

Always! Saved my face when I went down, now I won't leave home without it.

Its an HJC

Old 01-21-2005, 01:38 PM

I'm glad to see the majority of everyone on here wears their helmet.

Quick Reply: Please REPLY: Do you wear a helmet ???