Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Please REPLY: Do you wear a helmet ???

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2005, 07:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Please REPLY: Do you wear a helmet ???

In my state its the law and I wear it everytime> AGV Demon Vent, and Soumy Race Replica

Old 07-25-2005, 02:09 AM

In Vegas it is the law. I have a Shoei Z-II and a KBC Wolf.

Old 07-25-2005, 02:50 AM

In Ca it's the law as well. I didn't even think it was legal to ride without a helmet in any other state!! I know...gullable is not in the dictionary!

I rode down my street and back without my helmet last week. Sure did feel funny. Freakin felt good too! Got two, both are HJC.

Old 07-26-2005, 03:50 AM

In AZ, KS and FL there is no helmet law. My friend in AZ was riding with no helmet and got hit in the head with a pebble. Mind you just a pebble.....He has a dent in his forehead. Its hard for me to see with all the wind in my face. My eyes start to water so I need to wear a full face helmet.

Old 07-28-2005, 12:45 PM

ORIGINAL: mmookey

In AZ, KS and FL there is no helmet law. My friend in AZ was riding with no helmet and got hit in the head with a pebble. Mind you just a pebble.....He has a dent in his forehead. Its hard for me to see with all the wind in my face. My eyes start to water so I need to wear a full face helmet.
ditto, i seem to get hit in the visor with pebbles and crap all the time. ALL THE TIME! its wierd. and buggs... they are really pretty bad here in Idaho. Little butterflys hurt, explode, and look like paintballs when they hit you.
I like wearing my helmet. HJC CL-14.... I'm working on buying a Suomy Extreme series... sooooooo compfy! yeah that would be cool.

Old 07-28-2005, 03:06 PM

ORIGINAL: mmookey

I got nailed with a stone the size of a quarter right above the visor in the middle of my helmet at about 87 MPH on the freeway last week .
Thank god I always wear a helmet , I think that thing would of taken me out.

Old 08-01-2005, 09:50 PM

Always wear a Lid!!!! SHOEI RF-1000 Duhamel Seris..........Wouldnt ever ride without one!!!

Old 08-03-2005, 07:05 PM

yeah majority of the time. Except when I ride to my partners house in my neighborhood.(5 houses down). Vega

Old 08-04-2005, 01:43 AM

Indiana state law requires one on a permit, but not otherwise. Same with Kentucky (I live right by Louisville, so I ride there a lot). Last time I wore a helmet was for my license test. I hate the dang thing. Can't see, can't hear, and am pretty much out of touch with what is going on around me. I've been riding for 8 years, wore a helmet for 2 of them. And yes, I have wrecked a couple times. Without the lid and in the 35+ mph range. Most people I know and ride with don't wear helmets, but some do. We respect each other's decisions, we're all adults here. Personally, I'd rather do everything I can to AVOID the accident, rather than just wreck and hope the helmet helps. But if I ever change my mind, I do have one. Don't remember what kind, other than it's black.
BTW I'm new on here, so don't tear me a new one, ok?

Old 08-04-2005, 01:47 AM

Oh yeah, and as for wind/rocks/etc. I wear wrap around safety glasses to keep wind out of my eyes. As for rocks, I had a dump truck throw up a big one and whacked me right in the forehead, raised a knot and cut me wide open. Funny thing, though, I HAD a helmet on. Summers around here get real hot and real humid, so I was fogging up at low speed and kicked the visor open to see. Then WHACK! So to heck with it.

Quick Reply: Please REPLY: Do you wear a helmet ???