Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

"pit manuever" a bike?!

Old 05-08-2008, 10:21 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default "pit manuever" a bike?!

so me and a friend were out riding yesterday on some backroads. we turned onto one of my favs and hit the 1st turn.....then noticed a black SUV behind us. i thought nothing of it, but my friend said he noticed it was a cop. i hit probably one more turn pretty hard after that and then questioned if it was a cop myself. so we began doing the speed limit exactly. for about 3 miles he followed us and i thought to myself that he was probably calling for backup or to position some cars up ahead.

after following us for quite some time he filnaly pulled us over and he informed us that in our county, they now are allowed to "pit manuever", hit, bump you if you run.....that they are allowed to pursue. he said they are the ONLY county in the state of MD that is doing this. i looked back at his SUV and thought to myself "you better have a hell of a suspension setup and a rocket in the back" lol.

the cop was nice as hell for the most part. he said most of the cops will give warnings if you simply pull right over (which i do, i'd NEVER run....only end 2 ways and both are no good). he mentioned that he pulled a sportbike over the previous day for doing 93 in a 55 and since the man pulled over he gave him a written warning and let him go on his way.

i was just shocked that they'd actually try to "pit manuever" a bike, lol.

Old 05-08-2008, 10:40 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: "pit manuever" a bike?!

I thought about that too, but thought that would just be about the equivalent as taking a few shots at them. I didn't realize anybody actually considered doing it though.

Old 05-08-2008, 11:07 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow might as well try to put a bullet in the head of someone in a cage running from them then. That's a messed up policy, they better only do it if the guys running from a murder scene or something.

Old 05-08-2008, 11:11 AM

a couple months ago they did that to somebody that a chick on the back, think it killed both of em. i dont run either, not worth it...unless your allready goin 120 and the cop is just sittin on the side of the road, dude will never catch up if you just take the next exit and a couple of turns.

Old 05-08-2008, 11:11 AM
Banned

Another reason someone needs to sell tungsten bullets.

Old 05-08-2008, 11:27 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i wanted to tell him that if he were to do that it would prob kill the person instantly....gotta figure if he does that, there's a good chance he's gonna run them over.

ah well, 'nother reason not to run.

Old 05-08-2008, 11:32 AM

that sucks that its allowed...ive seen it done on a few high speed chase videos on tv...but i dont know if its ever been policy

and im with dizzie...i wont run unless im already goin crazy fast and the cops just sitting there...take the next exit and make yourself scarce

if i cant see the red and blue lights...theyre not chasing me

Old 05-08-2008, 11:33 AM
WXT

Which county in MD is that?

Old 05-08-2008, 11:34 AM

I live in MD what county is doing this. I would not run just good to know.

Old 05-08-2008, 12:15 PM

That is just messed up and could kill someone. I would never run, but I have passed a cop going the other way and I was gonig very fast so I did not stick around to find out is he was going to try to get me. I like what was said " If I don't see lights then it's not running"

Search this Thread