Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

"pit manuever" a bike?!

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2008, 03:44 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: "pit manuever" a bike?!

wasnt trying to spark a cop hating thread. just thought i'd share what cops in my county have begun doing. for the record i wouldnt run. either i'll get put in cuffs when caught....or put in the hospital (then cuffs, lol). just not worth it i.m.o.

and yes, it IS calvert county. rt4 is like the gauntlet, lol.

Old 05-09-2008, 04:37 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lonewolf A speeding motorcycle is a weapon. Its the "stupid cops" responsibility to protect the public.

"no man down here on Gods green earth should be able to make a decision to take another mans life when he/she hasn't done a single thing to kill another person...someone will argue "well they are putting people at risk and can POSSIBLY kill someone by running" Possibly?! They HAVEN'T and some stupid cop cannot see the future and make that choice of taking a rider down"

Your right no one can see into the future. I would rather pit a motorcycle at 30 mph then to allow him to reach triple digits again. the question is which is the worst of the two evils.

edited after carefull review because did not remaim on topic or make much sense either lol
Mike you are right I'll try to come up with a better comparision. lol

Old 05-09-2008, 07:06 AM

RTB... You need to compare apples to apples here. A gun is a deadly weapon in every sense of the law. Can a motorcycle kill someone? Of course it can. A skateboard can kill someone if the circumstances are just right. However, an SUV or even a car against a motorcycle will pretty much ALWAYS end up in some sort of injury or death. One cannot say that when the fleeing vehicle is a car and the police need to use force according to the circumstances. (is speeding worthy of a cop being the judge and jury and handing out the death penalty?)

Old 05-10-2008, 02:05 AM
Retired Moderator

I would hope that the pit maneuver would be the absolute last option in a high speed chase. I would hope it would be used on a motorcycle rider the same way a LEO would fire his weapon...LAST RESORT! Just because they have the option does not mean that it would be used. I agree the outcome would very likely be deadly, especially with as many poeple who chose to ride without the proper gear. MD riders, just ride like you are supposed to, and you will not have to experience such extreme force. Jay's situation was a perfect example of doing the right thing.

Old 05-10-2008, 04:32 AM

voodoo I probably should have stated this earlier. I don't think bikes should ever be pited for traffic reasons, felonies only. The only traffic reasons may be if the motorcycle caused several accidents while running.
There will never be a perfect solution to this problem. Running is why I've heard of some areas have looked into baning sport bikes, and I'm pretty sure some posts in here have covered the same topic. We are our own worst emenies lol. To me its not just sport bike either. The new Harleys we got have 103 cubic inch engines and get to triple digits in a hurry. Harley even has a 110 cubic inch Screaming Eagle package. Both are a lot of power and speed. To ban one you would have to ban both in my oponion.

Old 05-10-2008, 06:43 AM

wow..i cant believe thats legal ANYWHERE. Prettymuch if you do it they are dead or severely injured and probably run over by you...

Just wow

Old 05-12-2008, 03:26 AM

Hey Jaynd and slip, if you ever ride up near howard and anne arudel county let me know. You seem like sensible riders I don't like riding with terrors. And honestly, I've not heard about that law, and I should have heard something. Ride safe