Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

phone calls and new gear

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2007, 12:13 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default phone calls and new gear

As most of you know (at least those who follow my randon off-topic postings) I have been trying to somewhat sell my bike. I had it on the South Dakota, note the SD abbreviation, Craigslist, in hopes of selling her. Well last saturday I had a message, my first from craigslist, asking about the bike. As most of you know CL is anonymous, so the e-mail was just 102020234@craigslist.org... I give back my phone number in hopes of a buyer. All saturday no call... sunday constantly carrying my phone around, which I hate because I burn about 3000 minutes a month in my job, no call until about 6 PM. Finally ring ring, as I look at the screen reading a wierd *** area code. "hello?" "Yes calling about the bike."He sounds about 15 with bad acne. "um calling about the bike, and why are you selling it so cheap?" I reply: "well its a beautiful bike, that is a classic at this point. Would you like to come see it?" Acne boy: "yeah where are you at?" Me: "Brookings." long long long pause.... zip creme boy "where is that?". Me: "South Dakota." "nevermind" As it turns out, this pimple-popper is from the San Diego area, apparently mistaking S.D. for San Diego when he searches. So now I will be forced to put her in the paper in hopes that she will find a good home.

I guess the best part of the day is I got my new jacket, a Tour MasterDraft Jacket for our warm weather. I have to admit I am slightly worried about the ability of the textile jacket for a 'serious crash' but it comes complete with CE approved armor in all the right places and actually breathes unlike most other jackets. I guess the positive is that you can add a zip in liner for when the temperature drops and that it is by far better than the t-shirt, shorts, and backwards cap that most people sport around town.

Telly out!

Old 05-24-2007, 12:18 AM
Default RE: phone calls and new gear

Are you gonna get a different bike if you sell?

Old 05-24-2007, 12:25 AM

my wife OK'ed the 07 600RR! The main condition is that I sell my bike first, which is hard enough trying to get someone to buy, much less getting rid of your first love, bike that is. I saw a dealer last week and as soon as I said I was intrested, the quoted me $8,800, $500 off sticker. Even my buddy who rides the ZX-14 said that the new 07 is the best looking bike he has seen yet.

I have a feeling that I will have to put it out on the local park it market for a couple of days to get it sold. I havent listed it in the paper or anything yet, but I have a feeling she will sell. I mean comeon the fairings along are worth $1500 because of the age and the fact they are all OEM.

Old 05-24-2007, 12:43 AM
Retired Moderator

Damn Telly, that's arough one. You gotta sell your hurry-a-cane (first love), but make sure she goes to a good home...at the same time the RR (finest bike PERIOD) is waiting in the wings. I'd beg the wife for leniency...I'm talking beg like when you were a little kid and wanted a new toy...beg like it's your last day with a *****...get medieval on her ***!!!

Old 05-24-2007, 12:50 AM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy

F1 600CBR. Great condition, 19,000 miles, two owner. Have all factory fairings, K&N Air Filter, Zero Gravity windshield. Brand new tires. Jason @ 605.690.1753

one thing you should do is change the title and space the 600 cbr. because when you do a search for cbr it doesnt come up. also are you asking 1500 or 2500 ? im sure you would sell it fast if it was 1500. even 2k seems a lil high for such a old... errr.. i mean classic bike .. also maybe take new pixs . it kinda looks like the "cane" is beat up looking

this is just my opinion , hope you sell her fast and get a new 07

Old 05-24-2007, 03:19 AM

Don't you feel you're getting a little hasty? I mean you barely even broke your 'ol Hurricane in!

I want the '07 too -- I'm jealous.

Old 05-24-2007, 05:18 AM

Better hurry up before the Mrs. changes her mind. If all else fails, you could trade it in at the dealer. You certainly wouldn't get what you wanted for it, but you'd get something at least. Just an idea.

Old 05-24-2007, 10:04 AM

I just wanted to say that your signature is wrong... there is a ton of twisties in the western side (read black hills) your just clear out in the fields on the east side

were going back around rally time to hit the black hills up. cant wait.

good luck with the bike, im sure it will sell soon enough.

Old 05-24-2007, 10:12 AM
VP

ORIGINAL: HAVOC

F1 600CBR. Great condition, 19,000 miles, two owner. Have all factory fairings, K&N Air Filter, Zero Gravity windshield. Brand new tires. Jason @ 605.690.1753

one thing you should do is change the title and space the 600 cbr. because when you do a search for cbr it doesnt come up. also are you asking 1500 or 2500 ? im sure you would sell it fast if it was 1500. even 2k seems a lil high for such a old... errr.. i mean classic bike .. also maybe take new pixs . it kinda looks like the "cane" is beat up looking

this is just my opinion , hope you sell her fast and get a new 07
good point havoc... whenver I post something up on ebay for example I would write
"954rr 954 rr 954 CBR not R1 GSX-R or ZX" then whenever somebody searches for ANY of those things you will get seen