Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

@#$% People On Ebay *rant*

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2010, 10:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You guys think that's bad?? I have a friend right now who sold his old bike a couple years ago, on Ebay. The seller was somewhat local (couple hours away) and paid him with a fake cashiers check. which my buddy didn't realize until about a week after he had deposited into his bank. Well police got involved and after a short time the guy was caught with the bike on a rental trailer leaving the state. Long story short my buddy got the bike back and resold it to a local guy. The first guy he sold it to (Ebay buyer) went to jail for fraud.

Well apparently he is out of jail and is now trying to re-sell the bike he bought with a fraudulent cashiers check, using the old photos he got from my buddy 2 years ago. Several of us local peeps have tried contacting him to see the bike before we "buy" it and we've all got different excuses as to why we can't.

And the kicker is Ebay has been told of the seller and that the bike is NOT in his possesion and yet still haven't done anything about it...I mean WTF!!!

Here's the Ebay ad just for everyones info http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=330427884329

Funny part is the bike is still local around here and has none of the stickers that were on it anymore.

Old 04-27-2010, 10:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ID_CBRRider
You guys think that's bad?? I have a friend right now who sold his old bike a couple years ago, on Ebay. The seller was somewhat local (couple hours away) and paid him with a fake cashiers check. which my buddy didn't realize until about a week after he had deposited into his bank. Well police got involved and after a short time the guy was caught with the bike on a rental trailer leaving the state. Long story short my buddy got the bike back and resold it to a local guy. The first guy he sold it to (Ebay buyer) went to jail for fraud.

Well apparently he is out of jail and is now trying to re-sell the bike he bought with a fraudulent cashiers check, using the old photos he got from my buddy 2 years ago. Several of us local peeps have tried contacting him to see the bike before we "buy" it and we've all got different excuses as to why we can't.

And the kicker is Ebay has been told of the seller and that the bike is NOT in his possesion and yet still haven't done anything about it...I mean WTF!!!

Here's the Ebay ad just for everyones info http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=330427884329

Funny part is the bike is still local around here and has none of the stickers that were on it anymore.
I sent him an E-bay message about it askin if I could come and see it.