Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

@#$% People On Ebay *rant*

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2010, 07:47 AM
April 2011 Ride of the Month
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default @#$% People On Ebay *rant*

so a guy has a wheel on ebay for my 900rr conversion with a brand new front tire no one had bid on it and it only had two days left... with a buy it now of 124 i wanted to see if i could pick it up for almost half the price... i am extremely pissed to have woken up this morning and seeing that someone used the damn buy it now....

Old 04-27-2010, 09:09 AM

whats worse is to be snipered at the last second, i lost out on a couple of killer deals that way...

Old 04-27-2010, 09:45 AM

Originally Posted by bambam
whats worse is to be snipered at the last second, i lost out on a couple of killer deals that way...
I call them ebay snakes. I dont even bid on stuff anymore. I never win.

Old 04-27-2010, 09:59 AM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yep, sucks to see something you're watching disappear with a BIN.

However, on the sniping thing... there's really nothing to bich about. Bid late and bid your max.
If you bid the absolute max you're willing to pay for it and someone outbids you, then what is there to be upset about? You weren't willing to go higher.
I hate it more when I get people who want to nibble back and forth all day.
The key is what you're willing to pay. Whether you drop a proxy bid early or a max snipe late in the game.... it shouldn't make a difference.

Old 04-27-2010, 10:05 AM
Wink

Originally Posted by kilgoretrout
Yep, sucks to see something you're watching disappear with a BIN.

However, on the sniping thing... there's really nothing to bich about. Bid late and bid your max.
If you bid the absolute max you're willing to pay for it and someone outbids you, then what is there to be upset about? You weren't willing to go higher.
I hate it more when I get people who want to nibble back and forth all day.
The key is what you're willing to pay. Whether you drop a proxy bid early or a max snipe late in the game.... it shouldn't make a difference.
not really bitchen trout, ive done exactly what you said and still lost at the game, im a loser baby...

Old 04-27-2010, 10:25 AM

alot of people run those auto bid programs (me) that you put in your max amount but it only 1 ups the current bid till it reaches your max. it works out great for me sometimes. sorry to those i beat. lol

Old 04-27-2010, 10:33 AM
Administrator - Retired

not really bitchen trout, ive done exactly what you said and still lost at the game, im a loser baby...
Oh yeah, me too. But I'm gonna make those bastards pay! LOL...
I can't even imagine how many people have gotten soooo pizzed off at me for jacking that bid up in the very last second from like $2.25 to $42.50... Bwahahaha!

alot of people run those auto bid programs (me) that you put in your max amount but it only 1 ups the current bid till it reaches your max. it works out great for me sometimes. sorry to those i beat. lol
I've thought about that. I like the thrill of the true snipe, though... it's like crack.

Old 04-27-2010, 11:45 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Craigslist flakes aren't any better to deal with either.

I can't tell you how many times I've made "deals" over the phone, only to have the seller decide later he wasn't ready to sell, renege on agreed price, or some other stupid jazz.

Old 04-27-2010, 12:16 PM
Senior Member & Lord of The Man Cave

I've bought and sold on eBay for many years. I still do not understand why people submit a bid when there's several days or even several hours left before the end of the auction. All that does is give someone else time to think about their max price they were willing to pay and then maybe go a bit higher than they originally would have.

I use a sniping utility to submit my bids. It will automatically place the bid for me for free with 8 seconds left or, if I want to pay a very small fee, it will place it down to whatever minimum time I specify. They say don't go less than about 4-5 seconds or you might get caught up in network traffic lag and lose out.

I do not even have to be home for it to do the bidding for me. That comes in handy when I'm at work and my boss frowns on playing around on a company PC during working hours.

Old 04-27-2010, 12:37 PM
April 2011 Ride of the Month

lol ide be real pissed if someone from here did it right after i mentioned my wheel conversion lol.... arg

Quick Reply: @#$% People On Ebay *rant*