Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

PDA cell phone thingys...

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2007, 03:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: PDA cell phone thingys...

ORIGINAL: james007torres24

my friend just got that UTStarcom PPC6700 just a week ago.
I personally really like the UTStarcoms. The main reason behind my logic is the screen size. I like my PDA to have a large screen so when I do write on it or use it to view something its not so hard to read. Granted the Palms, Blackjacks have very nice screens, but they are just to small for what I use them for. The UTS has that nice slideout keyboard with decent size keys so you arent sitting there using a pencil to input data, or you have the finger size of a six year old. Like I said if I didnt work in such a hazardous cell phone enviroment that would be my phone. Is it bigger than some of the other phones? yes. IMHO phones these days are almost too small. You cant even take most of the new cell phones and lean them against your shoulder. Granted I use bluetooth to connect to my phone mostly, but when its a quick call my little motorola feels like a toy in my hand, one slip and it could break.

Any PDA phone is nice regardless, just make sure you get one that will support a nice SD card. I laugh at all the kids with ipods in class, they are like what good is that thing? I say well besides the 2GB SD card, it also plays video, has wireless internet built in, and I can play Tiger Woods 07 when the teacher is about to put me to sleep.

Old 03-03-2007, 04:12 PM

ORIGINAL: rrasco

ORIGINAL: holycrapitshassell

i've got the palm treo 650, and im very dissapointed with it, just a heads up. it's pretty cool, but sucks as a phone, and like telgren said, there isnt much software out there that support palm. ill have to look around to figure what i want next
if m thinking correct, the 650 is the one with win 5.0? we have 2 at our office i had to setup, i will agree it was a PITA to get syncing correctly, but i do think its a nice piece of equipment once its working, but we did have to return 2 of them. from my knowledge its the only one that will push email right now, but getting it to sync with exchange can be a bit tricky.

yup, thats the one, however i dont think cingular offered the windows version when i bought mine, only the palm os

Old 03-04-2007, 05:15 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hrm, not sure. our company goes through sprint. the previous treos they had were the Palm softare, it was when we switched to the 650s they came with win mobile 5.0.

Old 03-04-2007, 06:17 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know that just because it says Apple on it, you instantly hate it, but that new iPhone is going to be freaking incredible. I had the chance to mess around with a prototype model at an electronics show. They're unbelievablely powerful, but you would have to wait until June.

Old 03-04-2007, 11:14 AM

ORIGINAL: Blue Fox

I know that just because it says Apple on it, you instantly hate it, but that new iPhone is going to be freaking incredible. I had the chance to mess around with a prototype model at an electronics show. They're unbelievablely powerful, but you would have to wait until June.
Big deal ipod with a phone... who really cares? The reason you buy a pocketpc with a phone is because you want and or need to carry files around with you. Sure it has OS X on it, but in such limited form its ridiculous. Sure it has 4 GB or 8GB storage, but does it have removable memory? No. I can buy a8 GB SD Card for any pocket PC or palm for $70 and make the iphone obsolete. Add the fact that the iphone will be set to work with only ONE carrier... talk about a market killer.

Sorry but IMHO the apple iphone is something that every other PDA phone has had for awhile.

Old 03-05-2007, 07:23 PM

so i got the UTSTARCOM PPC6700 on ebay for 220 shipped. i know just need to unlock it from alltel becouse they dont serve my area. whats a good company???
and my friend is ganna give me his black razr for 80 bucks.

edit: o yea and a 4 gb minisd card.

Old 03-05-2007, 07:34 PM

Would probably hit up verizon, but thats just me

Old 03-05-2007, 07:44 PM

Verizon is what I have and I love it. A co-worker has Sprint and bitches that he has no signal out at the remote parts of base.

Old 03-05-2007, 07:52 PM

verizon it is. thanks