Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

PayPal problems / Shutdown my account.

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2012, 10:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question PayPal problems / Shutdown my account.

Sooo I almost NEVER use paypal or ebay.

Maybe that's part of the problem here.... but anyone else had something like this happen?

Anyways I found a dainese shirt on ebay (looking for a back protector) and tried to buy it with ebay. It said something about a LIMITED account.

So I go through all that, try to figure it out blah blah. Well I call them and actually get a person, until 10pm pacific (although I think I might have had the B squad) but anyways - they tell me my account was limited February 11th.

Well I go ahead and check the old email and sure enough I have an email saying

"
We recently noticed an issue with your account.

What's the problem?

We noticed some unusual activity on the credit card linked to your PayPal
account.

Because of this issue, your account has been permanently limited. We
understand this may be frustrating and inconvenient but you'll still be
able to see your transaction history for a limited time.

You can get more details about your account limitation in the Resolution
Center. For more information, please contact us and we'll do our best to
help. "

so I sorta skim over this as the guy is explaining to me linked accounts or something.

So I say ok.. so do we shut this account down and reopen one? To which he tells me that I am permanantly removed from PayPal's services. At this point i'm confused, so I ask him to explain, guy gets all defensive and non helpful so I ask to talk to someone else. I get another "Bill" who I think was not really named Bill.

So at this point I was trying to ask what card information, what has happened blah blah, b/c I was concerned I might be at risk here, but he started telling me that there are 5 accounts that have some of the same information as mine etc.

So I asked why wasn't I contacted or emailed about them, and he told me the other accounts were emailed so I was contacted. However they all had variations of my actual email address.

Nothing fishy on my credit card so that's a plus obviously, but i'm still surprised at the lack of communication etc. So i guess i'm permanantly banned from paypal? and with it roughly ebay.

Ebay owns paypal, and just about everything on there now only accepts PayPal. I checked just out of curiosity.

Anyone else had something like this happen? Similar experience. I can't for the life of me figure out what would have caused it. I do have about 6 different addresses listed still from my moves over the past 8 years and a few variations of my current one from when I entered it with slightly different wording such as #blah blah or Unit blah blah or St vs street.

Old 03-29-2012, 11:12 PM

either way, if your only interested in buying on ebay.. no biggie. open a different account. make your purchase.. when it gets to payment time, use the paypal "check out as guest" option.. here you can enter your debit/credit info and pay just like a website order.

did that for the longest time when I had issues with paypal.

As for your problem at hand,, is certainly odd... Paypal has very odd ways of dealing with things.. at one point in time I had a paypal debit card. So I could access my funds from any ATM. I lost the card somehow.. I called up paypal to cancel that one and get a replacement.. They quickly said I will need to apply and see if I am approved for the debit card program..

Applied. Denied.. ?

No point in calling most of these places.. you get stuck listening to a 7.25 hour reading a script that has nothing to do with your issues. trained to evade the actual problem and provide "empathy" . eat **** to that.

Old 03-30-2012, 01:43 AM

Originally Posted by JaredTowne
either way, if your only interested in buying on ebay.. no biggie. open a different account. make your purchase.. when it gets to payment time, use the paypal "check out as guest" option.. here you can enter your debit/credit info and pay just like a website order.
I had an old account on paypal that I had not used in quite some time, forgot the password. I tried opening a new account, but using the same credit card and paypal wouldn't let me, stating that the card was "already associated with another paypal account.

Old 03-30-2012, 07:59 AM

That sucks man. I have never had any issues with Paypal or eBay. Even used to resolution center to get a full refund(eBay) for something that was never shipped. If you find something that you NEED or have to have and can't backdoor it, just let me know and I will buy it for you and you can just pay me.

Old 03-30-2012, 09:00 AM

paypal and there 42 page TOS, is a bunch of BS, but what else are we todo lmao. I had a few accounts closed by them because of my business - I sell a digital download and they frown upon these type of sales. I just purchase as a guest anymore its much easier.

Old 03-30-2012, 09:20 AM

did that for the longest time when I had issues with paypal.

As for your problem at hand,, is certainly odd... Paypal has very odd ways of dealing with things.. at one point in time I had a paypal debit card. So I could access my funds from any ATM. I lost the card somehow.. I called up paypal to cancel that one and get a replacement.. They quickly said I will need to apply and see if I am approved for the debit card program..

Applied. Denied.. ?

No point in calling most of these places.. you get stuck listening to a 7.25 hour reading a script that has nothing to do with your issues. trained to evade the actual problem and provide "empathy" . eat **** to that.
Yeah, a simple google search yielded some surprising results with TONS of stories similar to this.

Regardless I did make a new ebay account and purchased as a guest. I couldn't do so with my regular one since it was associated with my Paypal account, and I wasn't able to use my regular credit card since it was attached to the Paypal account.

Also i'm not able to close my paypal account ever either.

Originally Posted by Trey929RR
That sucks man. I have never had any issues with Paypal or eBay. Even used to resolution center to get a full refund(eBay) for something that was never shipped. If you find something that you NEED or have to have and can't backdoor it, just let me know and I will buy it for you and you can just pay me.
Hah thanks brother.

think i'll be boycotting them from now on though.

Old 03-30-2012, 09:24 AM

yea man, an easy way to get around the card issue - buy a prepaid and load it with the amount you need.

Old 03-30-2012, 09:27 AM

Originally Posted by cobra1000rr
yea man, an easy way to get around the card issue - buy a prepaid and load it with the amount you need.
Not a bad idea I guess, but I just used another card I have for the guest checkout.

What a racket though, they really have the market cornered. As far as I can tell even if you do guest check out it gets processed by paypal, and they don't accept google checkout or any of the other major carrier.

Guess since ebay owns paypal.

Old 03-30-2012, 10:27 AM

at the time I too was using a card that was associated with a paypal account.. but it gave me the option to either "login to paypal", or "continue as guest"..

No surprise they took that feature away.

I sell alot of items on there, fees are getting insane.. There are alot of other selling sites, but nothing can compete with the publicity of ebay.. I just wish they didnt take advantage like they do.
Hell, they are even charging fees on shipping cost now to the sellers. Which in turn, we have to raise shipping cost just so we can actually not bite the cost.
And to that.. buyers complain, leave negative stars for shipping cost..
-- To that ebay raises your fee percentage because you are not fulfilling your stars..

Ok ebay / paypal .. Which step is it that I bend over and receive your greedy salami -- minus lube of course.

Sure is a corner though.. sucks, because it used to be the cats ***.

Old 03-30-2012, 01:02 PM
Default spot on.

Ok ebay / paypal .. Which step is it that I bend over and receive your greedy salami -- minus lube of course.
I died laughing.

<--- This is how they are when you agree to Paypal's/eBay's Terms.

Last edited by gotcbr; 03-30-2012 at 01:16 PM. Reason: Profanity removed