Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

One of my favorite sites got shutdown

Old 11-30-2007, 07:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default One of my favorite sites got shutdown

Damit damit damit!!!! I loved this site. Why are they going ape****. Its not like the quality is even good. Hell, a bunch of them you can barely tell whats going on becuase its been compressed so much.

http://blogs.guardian.co.uk/technolo..._linking_.html

Old 11-30-2007, 07:47 PM
Default RE: One of my favorite sites got shutdown

that sucks *****...i used to go there to watch all types movies & tv shows

Old 11-30-2007, 08:16 PM

try alluc.org

Old 11-30-2007, 08:31 PM

I knew it was a matter of time before we lost that one too.

Old 11-30-2007, 08:36 PM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Doesn't matter if they're compressed or not. Studios don't spend millions making movies so Joe Jackass can go video tape it to post online. So I really don't have any sympathy for sites being shut down or people going to jail when on every DVD, there's a message saying "Copying or distributing this content is illegal and punishable by law." Makes sense to me.

Old 11-30-2007, 08:56 PM

ORIGINAL: Blue Fox

Doesn't matter if they're compressed or not. Studios don't spend millions making movies so Joe Jackass can go video tape it to post online. So I really don't have any sympathy for sites being shut down or people going to jail when on every DVD, there's a message saying "Copying or distributing this content is illegal and punishable by law." Makes sense to me.
Stealing is wrong, but so is Hollywood. I say let them beat the crap out of each other.

I don't visit sites like that, one reason because of the poor content.

But, when Sony took the FIA F1 license as sole property and killd an entire sim community, including multiple sites, I was mad as well.

Old 12-01-2007, 02:00 AM

One of my favs was TV Link UK, It was shut down, it just hosted sites where you could watch TV programes & some movies (I don't give a rats about movies for the same reasons above). All the stuff I liked to watch where the old stuff (like 3rd Rock, Adams Family & The Young Ones) I've payed my dues on this stuff many times over, having to sit through countless bloody commercials for crap I'm not interested in. In some ways I can support anti - piracing laws for those who have invested bucks, time & talent. But on the other hand I get a bit pissy about having to fork over $30 (AUS) for say, a copy of a CD to replace a worn out & unplayable tape or vinyl recording that was released years ago (& sold for $5) & has already earned the companies big bucks. Copyright is all very well, but it can go to far. An American company bought the rights to an Australian manufacturer of Ugh boots (a generic Australian name by the way of a boot made by many, many companies here) So this American company reckons it now has the right to sue any company that tries to sell a product using that name, bollocks says I.

Old 12-01-2007, 03:11 AM

hollywood hasnt lost a dime on piracy. People who goto the movies do so because they like going. People who download movies n watch do so because its there to download. Do you realize hollywood makes their money back they spend making the movie the first night it opens 99% of the tyme. The way I see if you dont want it stolen from the internet dont put it on the internet.

Do I condone it, not really. Do I feel some needs to be fined n jailed? No they dont. Do I cry when they shut a site down? no 3 more will pop up in its place.

And streaming online isnt illegal (Yet) making unauthorized files avail for download is.