Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

P90X Evals?

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2009, 12:13 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default P90X Evals?

Saw in another thread a couple of you guys use this. What's the story?

I don't need it for weight loss (I'm 153 lbs). And I'm not stupid enough to mention weight around my gf (at 37 I still have the metabolism of a hummingbird on meth with she loathes). But also at 37 it's prolly a good idea to start exercising. Plus my bike gives me not so gentle reminders of which muscles I need to use more often.

My big question is has anyone following the nutritional plan had any experience with actually gaining weight? I wouldn't mind putting on a pound or 2. Which like shedding extra weight can usually be directly attributed to diet.

Old 10-30-2009, 02:48 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Im 23 5'-6" . Before starting I weighed 119. In actuallity I ate whatever. But I did try to eat alot, things with lots of protein, calories, and carbs. I also drank protein shakes after every workout, added some peanut butter for extra protein and calories. I gained 11 pounds, and got ripped.

Old 10-30-2009, 04:08 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's a decent program. If you don't know anything about the subject and just need something laid out to follow verbatim it's fine, but it's no better than any of the other non-retarded approaches available for free.

Old 10-30-2009, 04:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought the program and followed it to the T for about 3 weeks. Diet and everything. Put on nice mass on arms back and thighs. Lost 7 pounds with the diet. I was exstatic with how I was going! Then life took over again and I started cutting corners and not following the program.

The bad part is, for real people (people who work full time, have kids, school, social life) it can be a bit tough to follow all the way through. You would need an extrordinary amount of discipline to follow it all the way and still have a life. (just my .02)

Now, I do it about 3 or 4 times a week, alternating groups, and it keeps me in pretty good shape. Core and back I find to be the most important for being on a bike for long periods.

Old 10-30-2009, 06:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I haven't following it every day like you should -- I do it every few days. I love it. I get a great workout using only band and the over the door pull up bar. Couldn't tell you about the nutrition side of it.

Old 10-30-2009, 06:36 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well I'm mostly happy with my body as is. Never been a 6 pack guy (unless it was Shiner Bock). I'd like to hit 165-170 one day but doubt it'll ever happen.

I can definitely use a good cardio so when I hit 40 I won't hear shyte out the doc during the BIG physical. My girlfriend needs a structured workout. But she will NOT go to a gym or do anything unless I do it with her. And there was a better chance of me hand delivering a snowball to Lucifer in Hell after one look at her Dancing With the Stars: Latin Cardio Dance workout. Upper body strength... I get a workout at work from the ladders.

And as far as discipline goes... Well I'm proving a lot of things to myself right now and haven't disappointed yet

Old 10-31-2009, 03:04 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't think it would be a good fit for your age/body type.

It looks like it geared more toward fat loss/ endurance than muscle gain.

I was like you in my mid thirties, and finally made a serious stab at weight gain. Went from 160 to 195 then cut to about 170. 7 years later, I have settled into a decent 180-185.

Hit the weights, lift heavy and eat a ton. Keep your cardio to a minimum and you'll pack on some pounds.