Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Best motorcycle magazines?

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2009, 10:03 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best motorcycle magazines?

Hey everyone,

For a few weeks now I've been trying to find a few motorcycle/sportbike magazines to subscribe to, but I've had no luck finding anything truly entriguing.. So I was just curious as to if anyone here knows a few good magazines that I should pick up in regards to bikes, tracks, aftermarket, groundbreaking upgrades, etc. Any advice/help is greatly appreciated! Thanks so much in advance guys!

Tom

Old 10-28-2009, 10:15 AM

The ones from UK!!!! They have boobies!!!!

But seriously, I have been subscribed to Motorcyclist for about 5 years now and bought it off the stand years befor that. IMO they have great writers and eds. and cover many facets of motorcycling. Good reviews and tests on sport, cruiser, dirt bikes and also include sections on riding sarty and tips and also a maintenance section.

Hope that helps..

Old 10-28-2009, 10:18 AM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I get Cycle World and Motorcyclist. They have some interesting articles sometimes and they're cheap enough.
I think it was like $20 each for 2yrs, and the offers to re-up are even cheaper.

Seems well worth it to me.

Old 10-28-2009, 10:35 AM

I'm @ barnes and nobles right now lol, anyone read superbike magazine? Its in plastic :'( if so any good? Nice white r1 doin a wheelie on cover, front page is interesting, any ideas peopleee?

Old 10-28-2009, 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by Diesel1k
Its in plastic
..because of the boobies!!!! (ok, i'll stop now)

I think that publication is British. I have tried to read some a long time ago, but I had problems with some of the terms they use. (english is my second language, and sometimes cant understand the queens english.)

Please no offense to any Brits in the house!!

Old 10-28-2009, 11:56 AM

Yeah it is british, I picked it up anyway, looks like a really good read. Also picked up Motorcyclist and Cycle World as well. Definately subscribing to Motor and CW, might have the rents get me Superbike Magazine subscription for christmas. I just hope there's some honda coverage, I was looking through 'Bike' another british magazine and they covered alot of the agusta and aprilia's, hope superbike doesn't do that to me! But hey, they are both really nice bikes so I'll inform you guys if it was a good read!

Old 10-28-2009, 03:49 PM
Official CBRF Welcome Crew Undercover Agent
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Motorcyclist has the best writers imo and I'll read every article on that one; very humorous & straight foward. Sport Rider is a must and covers a lot of topics (racing, old/new bikes, tech, aftermarkets). Cycle World pretty much covers everything on two wheels and has tons of variety although they've been criticised as being pro-sportbike by the cruiser guys (ha-ha).
Definitely subscribe though, as you'll save lots of money.

Old 10-28-2009, 05:04 PM

Yeah I just skimmed through Sportbike, looks pretty good. Covers gsx-r and R1's and a lot of Ducattis and aprilias, eurobikes basically. Didn't see honda or boobies! Sad panda. Does look like it'll be a good read though. The vividness and color of it though **** on the other 2 mags. Very vibrant and eye catching, especially the awesome photos!

Ps: Again... No boobies! Grrr.. ;P

Old 10-28-2009, 05:19 PM
December 2011 ROTM

Look at the cards inside the magazines. Sometimes you can catch special deals in there. I just ordered a year of Motorcyclist and Sport Rider, $10 for both.

Old 10-28-2009, 07:34 PM

yeah, the UK magazines ( Superbike and Performance Bikes) are way better than the buttkissing, PC magazines here in the US. The articles are always more enteraining, more derived towards what most people will actually do on their bikes, not what the "public" thinks we should do. Always no BS test on tires, setups, .... anything related to sportriding, they are spot-on.

Sport Rider here in the us is pretty good, but not as good as the UK mags.

Quick Reply: Best motorcycle magazines?