Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Open carry in Texas?

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2008, 05:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Open carry in Texas?

ORIGINAL: RCR

They allow Concelled here, It just takes a act of congress or a corrupt sherrif to get the permit.
Kalifornia is a "may" issue state, meaning they may issue, they may not. Most, like Florida, Texas, Alaska, and many more are "shall" issue, meaning, if you meet the requirements they can't deny you.

Old 12-07-2008, 05:54 PM

They allow Concelled here, It just takes a act of congress or a corrupt sherrif to get the permit.

I've heard it's very difficult to get a CWP in Cali. Here you fill out a one page form, get a background check and pay $60 and it's good for 5 years. However if you are convicted of a gun crime the penalties are stiffer if you have a CWP.

Old 12-07-2008, 05:55 PM

ORIGINAL: wellarmedCr@cker

Kalifornia is a "may" issue state, meaning they may issue, they may not. Most, like Florida, Texas, Alaska, and many more are "shall" issue, meaning, if you meet the requirements they can't deny you.
Still not as bad as Puerto Rico, which is a "might" issue territory... meaning if you meet all the requirements, pay all the fines, demonstrate that you have the mandatory liability insurrance, and the necessity to carry a weapon, then ...WHEN you get to plead your case in front of the judge then and only then there "MIGHT" be a slight chance that you get the concealed carry permit. (only while in some sort of uniform can open carry IF authorized there)

And with all those restrictions... Google PR's gun crime rate...

Getting an illegal gun there is as easy as having $30-40 and knowing which street corner to ask in,

The average law abiding citizen is not armed even if they own, but nearly evry budding thuglett old enough to use a vidogame controller is packing some degree of heat.

Old 12-07-2008, 05:57 PM

Everywhere I've seen in texas you do paper work and have to take a class. Which I'm glad people have to. Heard its easy, just need to make time to do it.

I'm mad cause I cant find a shoulder hoist or pretty much any specific hoist for my pistol. I got the red headed stepchild of pistols I guess.

Old 12-07-2008, 06:00 PM

ORIGINAL: rangerscott

Everywhere I've seen in texas you do paper work and have to take a class. Which I'm glad people have to. Heard its easy, just need to make time to do it.

I'm mad cause I cant find a shoulder hoist or pretty much any specific hoist for my pistol. I got the red headed stepchild of pistols I guess.

What are you packing? I have the Kimber .45 TLE II and it's a great gun for personal protection.

Old 12-07-2008, 06:05 PM

I wholeheartedly aree... if we have to take a course and pass a test to be able to drive... You better believe that you should be able to pass a test before you go arround carying firearms.

However, driving is a priviledge, but bearing arms is a constitutional right... I'm torn on this one.

back to Open vs concealed carry though...

Old 12-07-2008, 06:08 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's a 10 hour class, but you want to get it with a semi-auto, if you use a revolver that's all you're allowed to carry.

Old 12-07-2008, 06:10 PM

ORIGINAL: Ti954

What are you packing? I have the Kimber .45 TLE II and it's a great gun for personal protection.

S&W Sigma 9

http://www.gunblast.com/SWSigma9.htm

I've had it for over a year now and still havent shot it yet. Thats bad aint it. The only real negative I've heard about it is the heavy trigger pull.

Old 12-07-2008, 06:16 PM

ORIGINAL: Ti954

S&W Sigma 9

http://www.gunblast.com/SWSigma9.htm

I've had it for over a year now and still havent shot it yet. Thats bad aint it. The only real negative I've heard about it is the heavy trigger pull.

That is a nice weapon. I do highly recommend that you do alot of target practice to be fammiliar the gun. Not to mention it's fun to shoot.

Old 12-07-2008, 06:16 PM

Ok, if we're going off- the off topic then...
Single action Vs Double action, Vs Single/double action?

I like Single/Double, but most of the "hammerless" designs I like are single action only.

I really like the Berretta M-9P milspec, as far as features (decock/safety, single/double action, ambidextrous, easy to clean, but the design seems a little big for concealed carry, and I feel the grip is a little awkward for my hand

Quick Reply: Open carry in Texas?