Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Open carry in Texas?

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2008, 04:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Open carry in Texas?

I know, you could never offend, White, thank you, though.

I really need to be more specific when I call out hubris. Titanium ******** came off abrasive and unpleasant in his intro thread, and since KB threw the red card in there, I could not say what I thought of this ghey line:

ORIGINAL: Ti954

Wasriding hondas when most of you still had mommy wiping your ***.

If this place is worth a **** i'll stick around.

Of course I support the responsible use and protection of personal rights, including gun ownership. I didn't become an infantry Marine to let that **** slide. But I do think there are a fair number of American gun owners who wrap up their self-worth in carrying hardware...over and above the right to have one.

But not all of them. Never did I say it was everyone with a permit. Next time I will refrain from entering gun threads. Sorry, Cracker, carry on.

And the peas are on page 4.

Old 12-07-2008, 04:24 PM

I was thinking the "right to bear arms" is more towards being able to "own" a gun, not carry around with you.

I have the right to own **** but I dont take it with me..................or do I?

Old 12-07-2008, 04:34 PM

ORIGINAL: rangerscott

I was thinking the "right to bear arms" is more towards being able to "own" a gun, not carry around with you.

I have the right to own **** but I dont take it with me..................or do I?
Um, you do know what "bear" means, right. To carry; bring: to bear gifts. Wow, just wow.

Old 12-07-2008, 04:41 PM

Naw. More like this.

Old 12-07-2008, 04:51 PM
RCR

ORIGINAL: wellarmedCr@cker

ORIGINAL: rangerscott

Um, you do know what "bear" means, right. To carry; bring: to bear gifts. Wow, just wow.
I live in California and we are not allowed to open carry but I can own guns. Now is my second amendment right being infringed on? Bear is to posses not to wear.

Old 12-07-2008, 04:52 PM

ORIGINAL:

Of course I support the responsible use and protection of personal rights, including gun ownership. I didn't become an infantry Marine to let that **** slide. But I do think there are a fair number of American gun owners who wrap up their self-worth in carrying hardware...over and above the right to have one.

But not all of them. Never did I say it was everyone with a permit. Next time I will refrain from entering gun threads. Sorry, Cracker, carry on.
Nothing to be sorry about, this topic was originally about open or conceal carry and seems to have turned into a "why people need guns" thread. I thought you were referring to license holders. Most people who are licensed to carry very rarely end up in the head lines. I do see your point, a lot of people on the street should not have access to a firearm, but unfortunately they do. And this is why I carry.

Old 12-07-2008, 04:59 PM

ORIGINAL: RCR

I live in California and we are not allowed to open carry but I can own guns. Now is my second amendment right being infringed on? Bear is to posses not to wear.
Think about it. Most states allow conceal/open carry. You live in the peoples republic of Kalifornia, of coarse your rights are infringed on.

Old 12-07-2008, 05:13 PM

California has the right to own you.

Old 12-07-2008, 05:19 PM

I found the peas!!!

Oh, BTW... I signed the petition, although I would personally choose concealed carry for most daily situations, I'd find open carry perfectly acceptable as well.

Even though it might be unfashionable in some situations (how do you combine a nice set Pacco Rabban slacks with a Beretta M-9P, on a tactical thigh holster, and a class III kevlar vest? An Armani watch is much easier to accessorize on that situation)

Point being, yes, some people's fashion sense would drive them to look like "urban commandos" but for the most part open carry does not mean that the streets are going to start to look like a Blackwater USA tactical training complex.

The fashion whackos already look like whacos, and the criminally inclined for the most part already have issues on their records that preclude them from legally having a gun in the first place.

Now... a gun as a fashion accessory... That's one "queer eye for the straight guy" episode I'd like to see...

I think that is the issue with at least some of the "anti open carry" proponents... they just find guns in general aesthetically offensive IMHO

Old 12-07-2008, 05:20 PM
RCR

They allow Concelled here, It just takes a act of congress or a corrupt sherrif to get the permit.

Quick Reply: Open carry in Texas?