Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Open carry in Texas?

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2008, 02:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Open carry in Texas?

Now... Riding the bike, on full gear... would you open, or conceal carry?

That... is the question.

While driving, and ankle holster is the most accessible location, but on the bike it wouldn't work well at all.

On the small of the back you risk spinal injury if you fall since you have that lump of metal right there.
So I'm thinking a nice secure hip, or leg holster (open carry), or a crossdraw underarm holster concealed inside the riding jacket, or open carried over the jacket.

Old 12-07-2008, 02:51 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

On top of the tank

Old 12-07-2008, 03:05 PM

HMMM a "weapons holster tank bag" ... now there's an Idea....

Only drawback I see is the gun could be lost if you ever had an accident and fell off the bike.

But it would be WAAAy more useful than having it in a backpack...

Old 12-07-2008, 03:16 PM

So defensive. The concept of ownership must be inextricably linked to a priapistic notion of personal freedom. No gun, no boner. No boner, no happiness. What a crutch peculiar to America.

Edit: oops, forgot, mmm...peas...nom nom nom! [sm=smiley29.gif]

Old 12-07-2008, 03:18 PM

ORIGINAL: SpiritRR

No boner, no happiness.
True dat

Old 12-07-2008, 03:38 PM

So defensive. The concept of ownership must be inextricably linked to a priapistic notion of personal freedom. No gun, no boner. No boner, no happiness. What a crutch peculiar to America.

Wrong on both counts...
1. I don't own a gun, I just happen to like having the option to legally carry one if i ever chose to.

2. "no boner, no happiness" Oh, my sexually inexperienced friend.... that is why the toungue is the strongest muscle in the human body... Sometimes pleasuring your partner is way more satisfying than ramming your ***** in and out like a MotoGP piston on the front straight at Doha. (this is off topic right? or am I being too explicit?[8D]), Just thought your Freudian slip, I mean, analisis was a little self projecting perhaps, as for most well adjusted people gun ownership (or motorcycle engine size) has nothing to do with their perception of their gonads.

I do have to agree with you on one thing... it is a very American thing to desire personal freedom... after all it is one of the founding values of the United States of America... Life, LIBERTY (AKA. freedom) and the pursuit of Happiness

I need an explanatioon on the "peas" thing though... that one went totally over my head.

[EDIT: Please don't take this the wrong way... I am just having a little fun at your argument's expense... no offense is meant]

Old 12-07-2008, 03:55 PM
RCR

IM thinking he was replying to Ti954, White.

Old 12-07-2008, 04:05 PM

Actually ownership IS inextricably linked to my Constitutional right. You know, kinda like freedom of speech, freedom of religion ect ect. Then again, your smart you knew that. Although, my boner does make me and my wife happy.

Old 12-07-2008, 04:14 PM

I'm just glad to see that people are having fun in my thread.

Carry on.

Old 12-07-2008, 04:20 PM

ORIGINAL: WhiteDealershipRice

Now... Riding the bike, on full gear... would you open, or conceal carry?

That... is the question.

While driving, and ankle holster is the most accessible location, but on the bike it wouldn't work well at all.

On the small of the back you risk spinal injury if you fall since you have that lump of metal right there.
So I'm thinking a nice secure hip, or leg holster (open carry), or a crossdraw underarm holster concealed inside the riding jacket, or open carried over the jacket.
I'm currently carrying right hip, inside waistband, just under my jacket. I was thinking about going with a left handed shoulder rig, inside the jacket of coarse, Florida's conceal carry only.

Quick Reply: Open carry in Texas?