CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://cbrforum.com/forum/off-topic-6/)
-   -   Open carry in Texas? (https://cbrforum.com/forum/off-topic-6/open-carry-texas-83672/)

TheX 12-05-2008 04:58 AM

RE: Open carry in Texas?

http://s292.photobucket.com/albums/m...IN_DETROIT.flv

bambam 12-05-2008 06:29 AM

i think some of the peeps here dont live/work/comute in as hostile enviornments as others. i really think its a shame to have to pack to feel safe,but if you saw what i see on a daily basis in my area , one would have the same feelin. not that i feel taller, but damn i hate to be tested. my wife didnot want to carry until the lady parked right next to her got knocked out and car jacked at walmart at 9 freekin am! she saw this go down and she cant see not carrying her little 38special. i know this thread has gone off it topic of open carry, but just thought some of yall should know that there are some pretty rough areas were having it and not needin it as to needin and not havin it applies big time.

fuze 12-05-2008 06:38 AM

Personally i do not like open carry. You can legally do it in Virginia where i live but in my mind it is not the brightest idea. Like some others have said though not all of us work a desk job, we are out there working in the ghettos sometimes and those people will confront people and gang them, it happens. I like to keep my piece in my truck for emergency but i have a whole lot of hand to hand training so im fairly confident that if i even needed a gun i would be able to retrieve it. The element of suprise is a good thing if it's on your side.

LOL nice vid TheX. Dude was a bit trigger happy but still funny.

Ti954 12-05-2008 08:43 AM

ORIGINAL: SpiritRR

ORIGINAL: Ti954

but I hope that never happens

Yes you do. You walk out to your truck with that extra weight on your hip and think...goddamn, I hope today is the day because I love my gun. I love carrying it. I love shooting it. I love how it makes me taller. I hope today is the day that someone threatens me, cause then they'll get what's coming to them. And I'll be the one to give it. I'll save the day and kill a mexican thief, or a black rapist, or hopefully that chinese laundry man that charged so frickin much. Yep, goddamn, I hope today is the day...wait, son of a bitch, forgot to call my parole officer...

What part of what I said did you not understand?

wellarmedCr@cker 12-07-2008 07:58 AM

ORIGINAL: SpiritRR

but I hope that never happens

Yes you do. You walk out to your truck with that extra weight on your hip and think...goddamn, I hope today is the day because I love my gun. I love carrying it. I love shooting it. I love how it makes me taller. I hope today is the day that someone threatens me, cause then they'll get what's coming to them. And I'll be the one to give it. I'll save the day and kill a mexican thief, or a black rapist, or hopefully that chinese laundry man that charged so frickin much. Yep, goddamn, I hope today is the day...wait, son of a bitch, forgot to call my parole officer...

What part of what I said did you not understand?
I believe what he's trying to say is, all permit holders are white bigots, fresh out of prison, and looking for a chance to kill someone. Makes perfect sense to me. I see it in the head lines all the time, "CCW permit holder shoots 3 people in a argument over babies momma".

SpiritRR 12-07-2008 01:02 PM

^^ Not all of them. I'm sure the instance of armed bigotry subsides once you get out of the Utah/Idaho longitude. I cannot speak for the South, but in the Rockies, white prejudice is as natural as trucks, guns, and beer...all four at the same time, usually. Having a permit just means you won't be hassled by the Sheriff.

wellarmedCr@cker 12-07-2008 02:17 PM

Do you seriously believe a parolee can legally obtain a conceal carry permit? Let alone, ride around and commit "armed bigotry". And simply flash a CCW permit (which he'd never be able to obtain due to being a PAROLEE) to local LEOs, so they would waive him on. You sir are severely misinformed.

WhiteDealershipRice 12-07-2008 02:19 PM

Personally I like both concepts, but see pro's/cons to both of them.

Open carry does have tactical benefits, in ease of draw/ response time, but it also has drawbacks in that it makes it easier for the gun to be taken away from you (imagine a "pickweapon" instead of a "pickpocket") also it gives the criminal advance warning on what the threat is, and therefore removes the element of surprise if he does decide to attack.

On a law enforcement standpoint, it would make it easier in that you would know right off the bat that you are dealing with an armed citizen. But it could also embolden the emerging "thuglets" that want to boost their image as a "badass"

Concealed carry gives you the element of surprise, but it adds the encumberment of having to conceal the weapon, It does add the level of uncertainty to the criminal that the person may-or may not be armed, but it lays the responsibility on the citizen to inform law enforcement that they are armed, if they ever have an encounter with them.

Honestly, I don't know what the right answer is, but I do like having the choice...

"Adversity doesn't always bring to light people's true colors. If you really want to know a man's character... give him power"

Ti954 12-07-2008 02:21 PM

Or perhaps it's beyond his peabrain to comprehend that people can exercise thier constitutional rights without wanting to kill people.

TheX 12-07-2008 02:38 PM

Or perhaps it's beyond his peabrain to comprehend that people can exercise thier constitutional rights without wanting to kill people.
Replying to, or about him just makes it worse. Ignore him.