CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://cbrforum.com/forum/off-topic-6/)
-   -   Open carry in Texas? (https://cbrforum.com/forum/off-topic-6/open-carry-texas-83672/)

TheX 12-03-2008 09:13 PM

RE: Open carry in Texas?

ORIGINAL: Ti954
i'll be god damned if the state or the feds are gonna tell me I can't!
So if you moved to a state that didn't allow open carry you'd do it anyway?

I find that hard to believe.

Ti954 12-03-2008 09:39 PM

ORIGINAL: TheX

ORIGINAL: Ti954
i'll be god damned if the state or the feds are gonna tell me I can't!
So if you moved to a state that didn't allow open carry you'd do it anyway?

I find that hard to believe.

I am a law abiding citizen and i'm grateful that my state laws do not infringe on my 2nd ammendment constitutional rights. People who commit crimes with guns deserve what they have coming, but i'm disgusted when I see people stripped of thier rights because of anti gun legislation.

Shocktroop 12-03-2008 10:02 PM

ORIGINAL: rangerscott

The only time I'd want to carry my 9 is on bike trips. I just dont see the need to carry while going down the street to walmart. But I know, what if terrorist attacked THAT walmart at THAT moment I was there. Well, **** happens.

I dont even load my gun, I pistol whip bitches or use slappers only but play as oddjob.

I'm sure folks at shopping malls didn't expect the need to be armed either, or 32 students going to school one day. Those were all gun free zones, you know, those "safe places" I wonder how it might have turned out if one person was carrying that place and time, how things might have turned out. Sure as **** couldn't have gotten any worse. Why don't we ever hear about shoot-outs at a gun show? I mean, all those guns and gun nuts in one place, should be a blood bath but alas, it is not. Deciding to OC or CC isn't about little man syndrome, its about being prepared because there are turds out there who care nothing of your safety or well being. Look up stats on how many crimes are prevented with firearms each year.Charles Whitman was delayed in his attacks becuae students went to their cars and retrieved arms. George Hennard killed scores of people in a lubys cafeteria in Texas, one of the patrons, had left her pistol in her car because that was texas law at the time, little good it didin her caras both of her parents were shot to death in front of her, but hey, SHE followed the law right...Amazing. I really don't see all the hub-bub over weapons, its a machined block of steel and figured wood, an inanimate object, a tool, we'll argue about them till the end of time but pay no mind to the people that use them wrongly, I guess it's easier to blame a chunk of metal than to identify athe realproblem.

rangerscott 12-03-2008 10:13 PM

You also need to consider the mental state of the person carrying. Doesnt take much for a person to snap.

Just like motorcycle owners. Just cause you got the license doesnt make you good at it or should have it.

Ti954 12-03-2008 10:18 PM

ORIGINAL: Shocktroop

ORIGINAL: rangerscott

The only time I'd want to carry my 9 is on bike trips. I just dont see the need to carry while going down the street to walmart. But I know, what if terrorist attacked THAT walmart at THAT moment I was there. Well, **** happens.

I dont even load my gun, I pistol whip bitches or use slappers only but play as oddjob.

I'm sure folks at shopping malls didn't expect the need to be armed either, or 32 students going to school one day. Those were all gun free zones, you know, those "safe places" I wonder how it might have turned out if one person was carrying that place and time, how things might have turned out. Sure as **** couldn't have gotten any worse. Why don't we ever hear about shoot-outs at a gun show? I mean, all those guns and gun nuts in one place, should be a blood bath but alas, it is not. Deciding to OC or CC isn't about little man syndrome, its about being prepared because there are turds out there who care nothing of your safety or well being. Look up stats on how many crimes are prevented with firearms each year.Charles Whitman was delayed in his attacks becuae students went to their cars and retrieved arms. George Hennard killed scores of people in a lubys cafeteria in Texas, one of the patrons, had left her pistol in her car because that was texas law at the time, little good it didin her caras both of her parents were shot to death in front of her, but hey, SHE followed the law right...Amazing. I really don't see all the hub-bub over weapons, its a machined block of steel and figured wood, an inanimate object, a tool, we'll argue about them till the end of time but pay no mind to the people that use them wrongly, I guess it's easier to blame a chunk of metal than to identify athe realproblem.

Exactly!!!!! Thank you! Unfortunately the stats on crimes prevented from people with guns just are not there because most simply are not reported. As far as the terrorists hitting that walmart comment...seriously???? People carry guns to protect themselves from criminals. Unless you live in the middle east or you are fighting in Iraq. Last time I checked there aren't any walmarts in Iraq.

TK954RR 12-03-2008 11:42 PM

Im sure i will get bashed to hell for this but i dont really care.

Firearm crimes commited in the usa for 2005: 400,000
Firearm crimes commited in the UK for 2005: 24,094

Now the usa does have 5x the population of the UK, but even if you take the UK numbers x5 its still nearly a 1/4 of what it is here. If you go straight to murders in the usa its 16,000 a year to the uk*s 1,100.

rangerscott 12-03-2008 11:46 PM

ORIGINAL: TK954RR

Im sure i will get bashed to hell for this but i dont really care.

Firearm crimes commited in the usa for 2005: 400,000
Firearm crimes commited in the UK for 2005: 24,094

Now the usa does have 5x the population of the UK, but even if you take the UK numbers x5 its still nearly a 1/4 of what it is here. If you go straight to murders in the usa its 16,000 a year to the uk*s 1,100.

I was thinking of this an hour ago.

jaghunter 12-04-2008 01:05 AM

At the moment I live in NM. Which is an open carry state, I also have my concealed carry. I pretty much never carry, but I figure I better exercise my "rights" or else they will take them away.

Cro 12-04-2008 02:05 AM

Every time I have seen someone with a gun on their hip in open view, my mind goes straight to 'cop, fed etc'. I never really gave it a second thought except to try and see what he was carrying.

For the masses though, doesnt seem like a good idea. But like the opions on here, some would not choose to carry open.....like myself.

thegreenbandit 12-04-2008 02:06 AM

Just because you have a gun to protect yourself. Can you actually fire it to kill someone? I don't think the avg person can pull the trigger. From what I understand it takes training and experiance, to actually commit to firing on someone.