Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

One year today

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2010, 12:49 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Don't dwell on the dead or the end of his life, just remember all the good times you guys had together. I know it is hard and some days will be better than others...they say time heals all wounds but I think when you loose someone you really loved or were great friends with you have to learn to accept it and cherish all the good times together. Its good that you like to talk about it, some people will bottle it up and those are normally the ones that have a harder time. I always like to look at pictures to help me remember why I miss them so much, with every picture lies a great story.

Old 10-12-2010, 07:54 AM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I lost my Dad in 1999, and my Mom in 2004. I still hear their voices, and my Dad telling me/showing me how to pull an engine out, and do a half-decent sprayjob..........I think he wanted me to be an engineer, like he was, but he never pushed it, and I took a different road. I still wonder if he was right, even now................I wish I could ask him questions, sometimes.........when I'm stuck and I know he'd have had a simple right answer............that's when I feel the loss the most.
Mom, well, Mom was just Mom, and everyone thinks their Mom is the best, right ?.
And yes, we're all absolutely right, too.

I feel for you Tom, anyone who lost a Dad like you had ................

Old 10-12-2010, 08:30 PM

Thanks. I spent today harvesting firewood to give to my uncle. He has been suffering from gout and has a wrist that just isn't won't stand up to sawing. I suprised him with the load and then helped a friend move from a fourth floor apartment into his new house. I managed to keep myself too busy to dwell on my loss.
My father was selfless and all I can do is try to follow his example.

Old 10-12-2010, 11:40 PM

Originally Posted by thrasher572
Thanks. I spent today harvesting firewood to give to my uncle. He has been suffering from gout and has a wrist that just isn't won't stand up to sawing. I suprised him with the load and then helped a friend move from a fourth floor apartment into his new house. I managed to keep myself too busy to dwell on my loss.
My father was selfless and all I can do is try to follow his example.
the best way you could spend the day was with family! my dad just recently underwent 3 open-heart surgeries this year. Yes i know....crazy right. I would have given up after two....anyways over a month ago i heard him talking saying he had 30 days to live. but he gets better every day. Now they say he is going to live. We just went on a 40 mile ride yesteday. I just hung back and watched him the whole time. He has absolutely no muscle from months of being bed ridden, yet he still manages to lean that bike upright everyday. We never got along but this last year ive had the best relationship with him ever.

Your not alone man, hes still with you.