Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

One year today

Old 10-12-2008, 09:08 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default One year today

Today I completed one lap around the sun since my mentor and best friend passed away. He inspired me to live, love and laugh, taught me how to ride, and was always there with a word of advice when needed. He was one of the few people I had that I felt understood whenwe bounced ideas off each other.He was there in times of crisis and joy.
I want to thank the people who participate in the forum for being a sounding board. Whether you realize it or not you help fill a void.
Thank you.

Old 10-12-2008, 09:14 AM
Jan 2009 ROTM
Default RE: One year today

I know how you feel Thrasher. I lost my best friend a year and a couple months ago. That anninversary was kinda hard, but now looking back you realize that life must go on. The great thing is the memories never fade, and you still get to enjoy them any day at any time.

Old 10-12-2008, 11:48 AM

You are right... Life does go on. And I used this event as a catalyst to keep going. I bought the new bike...took a three week trip to Arizona to ride in the middle of our Canadian winter. The memories are there...sort of like a "Karate Kid" flashback sometimes... Wax on not wax out. OR Ride yes OK Ride no OK. Ride maybe- squish like a bug.

Old 10-12-2008, 11:48 AM
Retired Moderator

Wow...this thread just really touched me and put a lump in my throat. Sorry for your losses guys. I have some people very close to me (as we all do), and had a moment of thinking what life would be like without them...not as bright, right? Again, very sorry.

Old 10-12-2008, 01:29 PM

ORIGINAL: voodoochyl

Wow...this thread just really touched me and put a lump in my throat. Sorry for your losses guys. I have some people very close to me (as we all do), and had a moment of thinking what life would be like without them...not as bright, right? Again, very sorry.
+1

Old 10-12-2008, 02:34 PM

OOoof. Sorry man. Just sorry. Wish I had more to say.

Old 10-13-2008, 02:04 AM

Thanks for all the encouraging thoughts. It helps to write about my friend. He was also my father. He will carry on in my memory for years to come. I still talk to him... only now I have to imagine what the answers might be. I'll keep floating ideas on the forum. Some may be like lead balloons others may drift around for a while...Anyways thanks again.

Old 10-12-2010, 12:31 AM

Time passes... but the memories live on. Tonight I mark the passage of three years...and damn I still miss him.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: One year today