Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

OldFatGuy - look here!

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2007, 01:55 AM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OldFatGuy - look here!

So you said you were down for a ride, so I'm coming to you for some answers!

My family's land is on Bent Tree Harbor, near Truman Lake in Warsaw. Middle of August is when I'm planning the trip, should give everyone (you and my buddy in Platte City) plenty of time to request some days off.

I'm figuring on taking a Friday and Monday off. We'll head out Friday morning from here, and maybe meet with you in Springfield and then we'll all head out to the lake. If we met up with you at around noon or 1:00pm, we'd be in Bent Tree Harbor by around 5 or 6pm - perfect! The farmers almanac has showed that theend of August to top out at around 90-95 degrees and nothing but sunshine, and around 70-75 degrees at night. Pack ahoody cause sometimes it can get chilly with that Truman lake breeze at night.

So, my question to you is, first, can you get a couple of days off sometime in middle to late August? If so, pick a date, we're good. I only need to know 2 weeks ahead of time as does my buddy. We've got plenty of room in the camper, so you won't need to bring camping stuff, actually, the camper sleeps 4 so if you've got a buddy or even your wife - bring 'em!

The only thing that will change is how many people might come. Bring as many or as few as you like. I might have one other friend of mine with us, but I'm not sure his wifey is gonna give him time away, plus him and I work together so it might be tough losing their two best employees for two days!

In any case, let me know if you're still interested, if so - it's gonna be a blast! Anyone else on the forum is welcome, we do have 3, 4 man tents at the site so we can get prolly around20 people - I highly doubt that we'll reach that, but it's just an open invite to anyone in the area interested in meeting up, riding some of Missouri's finest stretches of twisties in the day that climb and drop in altitude with some of the most beautiful scenery in the US, some of the best crappie and bass fishing in the US and having a killer time at night with some like-minded folks who may want to toss a feww back and swap stories.

Don't forget - Truman Lake is home to Party Cove! If you're from Missouri, Oklahoma, or Kansas you should know what Pary Cove is. It's a fun time, but it's the most crazy in the day - I plan on hittin the twisties during the day, maybe spend one day fishing for the killer fish fry I plan on throwin'!

Think it over - hope to see you there!

Old 03-28-2007, 02:29 AM
Default RE: OldFatGuy - look here!

pretty sure PM would have been useful here

Old 03-28-2007, 02:40 AM
Banned
Default RE: OldFatGuy - look here!

Yeah well maybe you missed the part about it being an open invite to other members in the area.

I'd like to clarify, instead of Springfield, I meant Columbia.