Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Oh... Joy... Snow

Old 01-22-2012, 11:19 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by scorpionvmu
hey kuro.......where are those pics of your BMW......i think youre just pulling our chains for $hit and gigles.....

and those snow tires look tempting. i wonder if they are reasonable price.
https://cbrforum.com/forum/sights-n-...olanda-133595/

Old 01-22-2012, 09:18 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm thinking you need to put Yolanda up on her rear stand and let it idle in gear, Ferris Bueller style, til you get the mileage up.

Old 01-23-2012, 01:17 AM
July 2008 ROTM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

By the way, those tires wouldn't perform worth a crap in snow. Those are made for ice.

And you can make those yourself with any tire Just gotta screw things into it!

Old 01-23-2012, 03:37 AM
Retired Super Moderator, Tin Star Man & Hurricane Saloon Prospect, ROTM Feb 2015
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just saw a motorcyclist last friday here on the Helsinki-Lahti motorway! The guy had a kawasaki-green safari-bmw under him and a medium-sized clothes-shop on him! For example giant mittens up to his elbows. Musta been a pleasant ride... Right now there's snow a little over my knee here and the strong wind is throwing it around mirror-polishing the roads so it's super slippery right now. I'm struggling to get my truck to highway-speeds from the intersections as the wheels just spinspinspin... -2c right now so not that bad compared to -32c around the same time last year... No hope of getting the bike out for at least two months... Sometimes, although rarely I might get the first little trips around my birthday @ march 29, but the mornings at 5am are still below freezing when I should be driving to work...

Old 01-23-2012, 10:00 AM

Haha, try moving to Maine!

We haven't had much snow this year (12-15 inches) but theres been a lot of ice, so a lot of sand...I still see people on their motorcycles every time I go out somewhere in my car.

Old 01-23-2012, 10:15 AM
Retired Super Moderator, Tin Star Man & Hurricane Saloon Prospect, ROTM Feb 2015

Originally Posted by Aken
By the way, those tires wouldn't perform worth a crap in snow. Those are made for ice.

And you can make those yourself with any tire Just gotta screw things into it!

Old 01-25-2012, 12:06 PM

[rant]

C.O.L.D.

Been a little flu-ish for a couple of days, since our cooker hood was replaced to a new model that cannot be turned completely off this apartment has been really drafty, it`s 5f ouside so my Diesel-powered Volvo doesn`t warm from the inside almost at all, my truck won`t do any better... I`ve been quivering from the cold the whole frigging day so it feels no amount of heat helps... Have been drinking hot drinks since I got home, just finished a cup of Jägertea. Helped a bit... Should be vacuuming the pad, but no might in the world is getting me off from this infrared heater humming behind me... And the coldest month is yet to come... (feb.) gonna drink one more cup of hot juice and watch that How it`s made on Discovery, then I have to get things done... Anyone willing to walk our dog? Promised to walk to meet my wife at her work when she gets off at 21:30 *shiver*.

Think I`m gonna go switch the sauna on... Be careful not to spill those Piña coladas on the keypad...

[/rant]

Old 01-27-2012, 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by sjona2011

problem solved
I have a friend that writes articles for Asphalt and Rubber!

Old 01-27-2012, 12:54 PM

Snow? What's that? It is almost 70 here today and sunny.

Old 01-27-2012, 01:01 PM

Presenting ICE SPEEDWAY.

Dare to try?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Oh... Joy... Snow