Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Not happy with Cobb County PD right now..UPDATED WITH PICS 1/20

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2008, 12:51 AM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Not happy with Cobb County PD right now

[:@].........[>:]...........

**edited because im not going to start en E-fight lol..id win anyways**

Old 01-20-2008, 12:58 AM

ORIGINAL: HAVOC

[:@].........[>:]...........

ok now that i relaized you're mr. perfect i can understand your post.

its not like Vp was drifitng around the corner or racing and lost it. it was an accident just like if he were driving and didnt see the huge rim bending pot hole in front of him . if that situation had happened and caused a flat would you still pose the same arguement ?
That's two completely different situations. In your proposal I could not be given a ticket as I was on the road in my lane. Second, I could go after the city only if they were aware of the hole and had time to fix.

A better situation would be: It is snowing and I am on the highway. I am doing the speed limit and I slide over and swipe the wall. In that case I should have been going slow enough for the conditions and could be cited. I should have been cited a few years back for something like that. I was on my way to work and it was snowing. The highway was two lanes but they were clear and I was doing 60. I was in the left lane and suddenly the plowed lane disappeared, almost like the plows just stopped plowing the left lane. I hot the 6" of powder and spun out into the median. Got towed out, but a cop could have ticketed me if he has gotten to me before the tow truck.

Old 01-20-2008, 01:10 AM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy

Old 01-20-2008, 05:26 AM

I'm on both sides of the fence on that one.

"If you file suit, then I'll write you a ticket".

Why didn't you just say two tires are not worth $1,000 , and tell him you'll just take care of it?

I can tell you this...it will all come down to money.

That's all ayone cares about anymore.

I'm not getting all the story here either though.

Old 01-20-2008, 06:43 AM
Banned

The thing that you are questioning, I assume, is that the lines and signs on the road either misrepresented the info you needed to safely navigate the road or that the road is inherently unsafe due to design and engineering. Unless that short stretch of road has an unusually high accident rate (good luck finding that out), you are probably out of luck.

It sounds like you were driving 'faster than conditions allow' and really just had a brain fart. I am going to assume you are a good driver that made a mistake at the wrong time, so just blame yourself, buy some tires and realize accidents happen to everyone. Just be glad you weren't on your bike and when you crashed or else you'd be lying in the woods bleeding to death alone wondering what happened.

Old 01-20-2008, 07:19 AM
VP

thanks for reading into this guys... I will take pictures to show exactly what I'm talking about and post them up later... I was not going too fast... maybe 30-35 in a 35... I had my brights on and there was nothing going on in the car at all (i.e. no disctractions)
Why didn't you just say two tires are not worth $1,000 , and tell him you'll just take care of it?
The officer said "if you file an incident I am writing you this ticket"... in other words he threatened me with "if you do this I'll do that" and I wasn't very satisfied with that

I mean who are you supposed to get help from these days? I have two flat tires that happened due to the road being unsafe...call the police to have them check it out, and now I have a $1000 ticket to deal with and about 3 hours of sleep because I tried to get somebody to help me.

Old 01-20-2008, 09:34 AM

FTP

Old 01-20-2008, 09:45 AM

WTF happens when someone goes off the road because of a deer. I gota get a ticket to save myself from an accident? F that

Old 01-20-2008, 09:53 AM

ORIGINAL: Nauree

WTF happens when someone goes off the road because of a deer. I gota get a ticket to save myself from an accident? F that

You hit the deer. You are more likely to injure yourself swerving than hitting it.

Sorry bout the luck, VP. Fight the ticket.

Old 01-20-2008, 11:58 AM

ORIGINAL: SpiritRR

Unless I'm dying, bleeding out of my eyes dying, or become involved in a situation that utterly requires it--I've discovered it's a bad investment to call the police...

+100000000 they don't do crap but put you worse off. Sorry to you officers on here but that has been my forever experience with the law. I'm not just talking about me speeding and getting pulled over but when my car was broken into three times and the first time they told me they knew who did it but just can't go after him right now. WTF?! **** off! And when there is a big fight at a bar/club and someone pulls out a gun and you call the police and it takes them 25minutes to get there only to find that the person had left already. It's been my experience it's every man for himself and police officers just get in the way of life, they are a nuisance. I wish I lived in Texas where if someone was on my land I could just shoot them. lol

Mike

Quick Reply: Not happy with Cobb County PD right now..UPDATED WITH PICS 1/20