Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Not happy with Cobb County PD right now..UPDATED WITH PICS 1/20

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2008, 12:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Not happy with Cobb County PD right now

Whoa...I'm not saying FTP...my father was an LEO and I served as a Marine infantryman--this country would grind to a chaotic stop if there was no law enforcement. Sheesh.

My point is that you have to look at the odds of improving a given situation. Unless death or injury is the guaranteed outcome, it's usually a good idea to take care of it on your own (within the law). Otherwise, dialing 911 is the same as asking for an outrageous 'payment due' notice.

Old 01-20-2008, 12:25 PM

Yea that's what I was saying... plus more though.

Old 01-20-2008, 12:46 PM

your not going to get a $1000 fine and if you tell the judge that he only gave you a ticket when you told him that you wanted to file suit, you shuld get it thrown out. but even if you dont get it thrown out there is no way you will get $1000 fine.

you shuld have just fixed the tires and called it a day, its not the citys fault that you went off the road

Old 01-20-2008, 01:13 PM

Cops suck at everyday life.. if there isnt something for them to enforce. they will find it. they are a great help in dire situations.. but i dont ever call the cops unless its a carwreck w/another vehicle. or my house was broken into/ something to that effect.

Old 01-20-2008, 01:25 PM
VP

Let me just say I had every intention of fixing my tires... no matter what the outcome. I wasn't asking for "something for nothing" I already had it towed over to the tire place today to get two new tires. Total came to $498... and I will pay for it without hesitation.

My intention was to help the police do their job to "protect and to serve" because I felt like it was a dangerous area. I will attach a picture I took today of the road so you can see what I was talking about. Whilst being inside the lines of the road, there is a pothole so large that it actually takes all of the line and then comes over into the lane I was driving in. When I hit the area that is unpaved my vehicle incurred two flat tires.

Name:  100_2480.jpg
Views: 7
Size:  217.9 KB

And another one with my dad standing next to it... he's 6 ft tall with a size 12 shoe.

Name:  100_2492.jpg
Views: 7
Size:  209.1 KB

You can clearly see where the pothole actually takes over the side of the road and comes into the lane...thus leading me to veer off the road and hit the curb which causes two flat tires.

If the city doesn't pay for it, so be it... but I am still registering a complaint that it needs to be repaired.

Also, while I was getting my car towed over to the garage, I stepped in the road to help the tow truck guy back it in (as he requested). While I'm standing in the road a car comes flying up in front of me and I have my hand help out to get him to stop. Turns out, its an unmarked police car (but with lights on the front and back inside the glass). He rolls down his window and says "what are you doing" and I said "you need to wait until that car gets moved over here so you don't hit it or get hurt" and he says "it's all damn way over there!" (which was in fact about 7 feet away and moving backwards towards him... I said "just wait until he goes through man" and the POLICE OFFICER says "you can go **** yourself" and peels a wheel right in front of me and drives off....

I got no tag number due to my disbellief.

Old 01-20-2008, 02:55 PM

ORIGINAL: SpiritRR

Whoa...I'm not saying FTP...my father was an LEO and I served as a Marine infantryman--this country would grind to a chaotic stop if there was no law enforcement. Sheesh.
My father was also a Marine. I respect the law, and I respect when I am in the wrong and get caught by the law. Its the side that has to use its power to bloat their heads. There is no reason to threaten him with a ticket. Thats BS in my opinion. FTP is a very general statement and I should watch how and when I use it. There are tons of great police officers but there are equally as many with their heads up their asses and they ruin it for everyone.

Old 01-20-2008, 03:31 PM

I'm sure there are other people you call besides the police. My buddy wrecked his R6 going over a railroad track and he called some department for the city who had the poblem fixed by the end of the week. But I'm pretty sure that cop was in the wrong.

Old 01-20-2008, 05:08 PM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: vpsophmore
Also, while I was getting my car towed over to the garage, I stepped in the road to help the tow truck guy back it in (as he requested). While I'm standing in the road a car comes flying up in front of me and I have my hand help out to get him to stop. Turns out, its an unmarked police car (but with lights on the front and back inside the glass). He rolls down his window and says "what are you doing" and I said "you need to wait until that car gets moved over here so you don't hit it or get hurt" and he says "it's all damn way over there!" (which was in fact about 7 feet away and moving backwards towards him... I said "just wait until he goes through man" and the POLICE OFFICER says "you can go **** yourself" and peels a wheel right in front of me and drives off....

See, that's what I meant about "no problems with Cobb PD". He could've gotten all power trippy on you for you giving lip to a LEO but instead he politely asked you to have pleasant sexual relations with yourself and even did a sweet burnout for you to enjoy. Sorry VP, I know your in no mood for it, but it is a bit comical.

You're doing the best thing by just filing a complaint but not counting on anything. If it's of any consequence to you, most roads around here are pretty well maintained (for the most part).

Old 01-20-2008, 05:18 PM
Banned

After seeing the pics I think you should get paid for it. The road is in disrepair. But that don't mean you had your A-game on that night behind the wheel.

Old 01-21-2008, 12:16 AM

Hell, that right there is an interstate in Missouri!

Quick Reply: Not happy with Cobb County PD right now..UPDATED WITH PICS 1/20