Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Not happy with Cobb County PD right now..UPDATED WITH PICS 1/20

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2008, 12:44 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Not happy with Cobb County PD right now

that is bad enough to blow out your tires

but the lines are clearly visible in your pictures
if they look like that leading up to that spot, you shouldn't have been that close to the shoulder

Old 01-21-2008, 06:05 AM
VP

but the point is I was inside the lane when I hit that pothole...even though I may have been close to the edge of the lane, I was still legally inside my lane. It was just after a long left turn so I was just adjusting back to the right side of the road after exitting the turn...

Here's another pic of the entire road so you can see that the road sort of leads you to the right anyway

This is standing right in front of the pothole looking back towards the turn that I just came from... there are no fewer than 11 potholes within 200 feet(about 4 of which you can see have been repaired)
Name:  100_2491.jpg
Views: 6
Size:  179.8 KB

Old 01-21-2008, 10:43 AM

that road is in bad shape. Goodluck with your claim i think you have every right to be paid for the damages to your vehicle.

Old 01-21-2008, 12:17 PM
Default RE: Not happy with Cobb County PD right now..UPDATED WITH PICS 1/20

I would have never called the cops for that. Once when I was 18 I slid on some black ice and went off the road in my new at the time Mustang. I did not hit anyone else and there was no peoperty damage, but my car was stuck in the snow and it had about $2k of damage, but was driveable. The cops came out and have me a ticket that cost me a half of day off work, over $100.00 and 2 points. Now I avoide the cops like a chick with STD's

Old 01-21-2008, 01:33 PM
Banned

I understand your frustration, but once again we go with the scapegoats... the police.

I can almost guranatee you that if he were to file a report, citing that a driver ran off the road, he would be questioned as to why heaided in the city's loss of revenue, and didn't at least write a legit ticket. Revenue is the name of the game.

It's funny. If you live in a crime ridden neighborhood, people bitch that the police are nowhere to be found and unhelpfull when they are. If you live in the burbs and have no crime, people bitch that the police should have better things to do than write tickets for driving off the road... for whatever reason.

Damned if you do and damned if you don't.

If you want to bitch about someone, bitch about the government. They are the ones who gives grants and other monitary allocations to agencies that generate revenue. Revenue, again, is the name of the game.

That cop was probably just a guy that wants to be good at his job. Part of his job is writing tickets. To get the money. To satisfy the government.

Police are simple pawns. Come on guys, open your damn eyes. It's the ultimate cover. Create a diversion here (in the form of police), and direct attention away from here (government). Now they can do whatever they want and the people will always blame the police.

You, "**** THE POLICE" guys are just as bad as the police. You're playing into the game. You choose to be the person you are everyday. Please, excersise your intelligence and choose to not be a sheep.

Having said all that, I know VP isn't saying, F the police." He is frustrated and rightfully so - he's had a good bit of **** happen lately. But if you actually put some thought into it, it's definitely not the police to blame. They're simply doing their job. What would happen to anyone here if they didn't do their jobs???

And yeah, it's completely legit to write a ticket for an admitted offense.

Old 01-21-2008, 02:51 PM

if you signed on to be a cop, you should know what you are signing up for. not everybody hates the popo, and alot people do. its the pig headed ****** with badges who give the good boys in blue a bad rep. and the people who feel they didnt hear the whole story from VP need to relize he gave you the nitty gritty on the details. alot people on this forum respect him and know he knows the difference from right and wrong. if he f*cked up im sure he would admit it.

Old 01-21-2008, 03:19 PM

meh...thats not that bad of a road...look how they left mine for a year:

yes..thats a road

theres **** loads of potholes in all the roads up here...idk how my 40 series tires on my car havent bitten the dust yet.

Old 01-21-2008, 03:51 PM
July 2008 ROTM

ORIGINAL: vpsophmore

You can clearly see where the pothole actually takes over the side of the road and comes into the lane...thus leading me to veer off the road and hit the curb which causes two flat tires.
Now, while I'm all for getting what you deserve and it sucks your got flat tires and yadda yadda, how the hell did you manage to hit a pothole that is only like 4 inches onto the road itself? Last time I checked, you're supposed to drive in the middle of the lane.

I'm sorry your car got damaged and you got harassed by a police officer for a minor accident, but I fail to see how it's the city's fault that you ride on the line. Sorry. But best of luck.

Old 01-21-2008, 04:16 PM

Society recognizes that you have the potential to be the most power force in society. It scares them. Society does not find young men sympathetic. They are afraid of you, both individually and collectively. Law enforcement’s primary purpose is to suppress you.

Old 01-21-2008, 08:30 PM
VP

how the hell did you manage to hit a pothole that is only like 4 inches onto the road itself? Last time I checked, you're supposed to drive in the middle of the lane.
if you look at the first picture on this page you can see where the road is really crappy on the whole right side of the lane and you pretty much get stuck all the way over on the right even if you try for the middle... as in the road is so worn even when you're steering straight you get pulled to the right... and the pothole comes over at least 6 inches inside the line... my tires are about 6 inches wide so it was actually pretty difficult not to hit the pothole WITHOUT moving over to the oncoming lane...

Quick Reply: Not happy with Cobb County PD right now..UPDATED WITH PICS 1/20