Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

noise complaints...

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2007 | 05:44 PM
TEN
Default RE: noise complaints...

ORIGINAL: jaynd

ORIGINAL: TEN

Noise complaints shouldn't be a problem as long as you don't pull a ******** move and stand out thier and rev the thing for 30 minutes at 4am.

Other advise....

You, you're girlfriend and another dude getting an apartment? Bad news. You and you're girlfriend should get the apratment and tell your friend he's welcome anythime, but bringing another dude into the house may not be the smartest idea if you and the misses are planning on stayin' together. I know the BS about bros before hoes and such, and that's you're call. True, i may be wrong...but then again you really don't want to come home early one day from work and find your pretty little girlfriend naked, ankles pinned behind her ears, with your buddy trying to touch her pancreas the hard way. If you catch my drift. Then, mysteriously, the only noise complaints you'll get are while you're at work!
well here's my 2 cents for ya brotha.....

you're making an assumption, thanks for looking out.......but.....huh-uh, that aint gonna happen, bud. i trust my g/f....i trust my friend...bottom line. nice of you to try and bring that to light, but no need for all the details either.

thanks again........
Not trying to stir **** dude...seriously. And didn't mean to ruffle your feathers. It's awesome that you trust your gf and your buddy. I truly hope thingswork out for thebest for you. Just was giving ya something to keepin mind. For alot of people that kind of living doesn't work out. If you and yours are cool with everything and ya'll can work it out and be happy, that's all that matters.

Old 11-04-2007 | 05:50 PM

why can't you just get a apt w/ you and ur g/f?

Old 11-04-2007 | 05:53 PM

ORIGINAL: halik008

why can't you just get a apt w/ you and ur g/f?

Cuase 3's company.

Old 11-04-2007 | 05:54 PM

i guess you could have a 3 some

Old 11-04-2007 | 07:30 PM
RCR

ORIGINAL: rangerscott

Cuase 3's company.
Or 3's a crowd.

Old 11-04-2007 | 07:31 PM
|

wow this thread got immature quick.

to those w/ helpful responses.....thank ya! im also looking into houses, but the apts. seem to be what we're gonna end up going w/.

Old 11-04-2007 | 08:21 PM

If the place has garages, you shouldn't have any problems unless you do a ******** move like reving your engine to the limiter or reving for a couple of minutes.

As loud as some aftermarket pipes are, if you stay in the low rev range/idling, the sound frequency is so low that it really doesn't bother that much.

I used to have an unmuffled (header , race pipe and resonator, no cat, and no muffler) '88 CRX when I lived in an appartment, and I never got any complaints.

I like the house idea better, but the appartment should work out, as long as you set the rules from the get go

(What areas are shared,
what areas are private
Who shops for groceries,
who cleans.

Friendships can go sour real quick when you are agravated day in and day out by your roomie eating your food and leaving dirty crap all over the place.

Old 11-04-2007 | 08:24 PM
|

haha thanks man. well, im not too concerned w/ my bike being THAT much of a problem, but my buddy says his car is loud as hell!!!! i havent heard it yet b/c he's down i Fl. But his main concern w/ the apt. idea is that his car is going to **** everyone off when he starts it in the garage.

Old 11-04-2007 | 08:26 PM

I park my bike pretty far from the units, in the lot with the long spaces for big trucks and trailers so that I can fit my bike and car in easier than the normal spaces. There are a lot of rider who live in my neighborhood, including my roommate, the guy across the hall, and another guy who keeps his bike in a haulmark trailer (smart dude, but I don't have that kind of scratch or a car high enough to have a tow hitch). I and everyone else get up pretty early and most people have pickups with flowmasters they start up and idle for ten to fifteen minutes right in front of the units with the pipes pointing straight at everyone's windows. Scope out the neighborhood to see what everyone else drives.

Old 11-04-2007 | 08:26 PM

He may just have to park somewhere were his exhuast is facing an opening and not a building.

Quick Reply: noise complaints...