Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

noise complaints...

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2007, 03:51 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default noise complaints...

me, my g/f and a friend of mine are looking into getting an apt. my friend is kinda against it b/c he says his car ('05 s/c'd GTO w/ aftermarket exhaust) is too loud......also, i have a 10" two bros slip on........i was curious to you members who live in apts, do you get hassled alot for how loud your bikes/cars are? i dont want to get a **** load of complaints for starting the bike up at 4am...letting it warm up, and heading out to work.

Old 11-04-2007, 04:07 PM
Jan 2009 ROTM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: noise complaints...

Have a house, and a couple neighbors dont like my toys. I cannot imagine an apartment being any better. If there are 3 of you to split the bills, have you considered a duplex? at least then you have less neighbors, and usually an attached garage for the toys.

Old 11-04-2007, 04:13 PM
TEN

Noise complaints shouldn't be a problem as long as you don't pull a ******** move and stand out thier and rev the thing for 30 minutes at 4am.

Other advise....

You, you're girlfriend and another dude getting an apartment? Bad news. You and you're girlfriend should get the apratment and tell your friend he's welcome anythime, but bringing another dude into the house may not be the smartest idea if you and the misses are planning on stayin' together. I know the BS about bros before hoes and such, and that's you're call. True, i may be wrong...but then again you really don't want to come home early one day from work and find your pretty little girlfriend naked, ankles pinned behind her ears, with your buddy trying to touch her pancreas the hard way. If you catch my drift. Then, mysteriously, the only noise complaints you'll get are while you're at work!

Old 11-04-2007, 04:20 PM

ORIGINAL: TEN

I know the BS about bros before hoes and such, and that's you're call. True, i may be wrong...but then again you really don't want to come home early one day from work and find your pretty little girlfriend naked, ankles pinned behind her ears, with your buddy trying to touch her pancreas the hard way. If you catch my drift. Then, mysteriously, the only noise complaints you'll get are while you're at work!
i honestly dont think that would be a problem. i really dont see domo cheating on you and i dont think andrew do that either. niether of them fit the characteristics.

Old 11-04-2007, 04:36 PM
VP

I've lived in an apartment for like 6 years now (since I got out of high school) and there's only been a few times I've gotten noise complaints and none of it had anything to do with my toys. it was always parties or drunk fights in the apartment.

as far as apartments go, if you can get a top floor apartment...when people live above you they will stomp around and pour water on their flowers which in turn gets your shoes wet again...stuff like that... trust me its worth the move and the stairs...

Old 11-04-2007, 05:27 PM

Noise complaints shouldn't be a problem as long as you don't pull a ******** move and stand out thier and rev the thing for 30 minutes at 4am.

Other advise....

You, you're girlfriend and another dude getting an apartment? Bad news. You and you're girlfriend should get the apratment and tell your friend he's welcome anythime, but bringing another dude into the house may not be the smartest idea if you and the misses are planning on stayin' together. I know the BS about bros before hoes and such, and that's you're call. True, i may be wrong...but then again you really don't want to come home early one day from work and find your pretty little girlfriend naked, ankles pinned behind her ears, with your buddy trying to touch her pancreas the hard way. If you catch my drift. Then, mysteriously, the only noise complaints you'll get are while you're at work!
well here's my 2 cents for ya brotha.....

you're making an assumption, thanks for looking out.......but.....huh-uh, that aint gonna happen, bud. i trust my g/f....i trust my friend...bottom line. nice of you to try and bring that to light, but no need for all the details either.

thanks again........

Old 11-04-2007, 05:35 PM

I feel sorry for your friend. Screw being a third wheel. I wouldn't put up with that crap.

Old 11-04-2007, 05:39 PM

With 3 of ya'll, I'd look into getting a house. As much as you pay for an apartment, you can easily rent/buy a house.

Garage garage garage. I cant stand not to have one.

Old 11-04-2007, 05:41 PM

we are still contemplating the house idea, but we dont have alot of time (december) plus me and my g/f have plans on hopefully moving down to NC w/in a year or two anyways to pursue other things. and yeah, the apts. were looking at have a garage....the garage is a must w/ his car and our bikes.

thanks for all the replies so far guys

Old 11-04-2007, 05:41 PM

Other advise....

So thats what he was trying to do................I still dont get it.

Quick Reply: noise complaints...