Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

No Respect

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2009 | 12:40 PM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon

Anyone who defaces a monument to the war dead of any country should be forced to enlist in the armed services for a couple of years as an alternative to prison - there's very little that makes my blood BOIL more than people who don't appreciate that those dead military men and women are the very reason that people have the rights which they take for granted................
But then in my Court I sentence people who like to paint graffiti everywhere to having to clean it off to the satisfaction of the Town Clerk in a radius of two kilometers of their original "artwork".....and pay for all the removal chemicals, brushes etc out of their own pocket. I've never had a repeat offender...............

Old 10-26-2009 | 02:36 PM

Guys not to defend anyone and what was done is horrible but we're talking about kids here. The problem is they haven't been caught yet. The life of a criminal starts with the 1st time they get caught. Most of us it scares the crap out of us and the thought of going to jail for even a minute makes us think before we choose wrong over right. Criminals get caught and dont care so they in turn keep choosing wrong. Every person in here knows what I'm talkin about. You all have done something wrong and stupid as a kid that was disrespectful to someone or hurt someone physically or mentally. You probably got caught and I'm guessing you didn't do it again. These people will get caught eventually I promise, unfortunately it will probably be for something worse but they will get caught.

Old 10-26-2009 | 03:24 PM

gj bb, those punks need their asses beat!!

Old 10-26-2009 | 06:41 PM
Official CBRF Welcome Crew Undercover Agent

Parents are to blame for juveniles who behave like that. Kids will always be kids, but without proper guidance when they're developing morals, you end up with troubled teenagers. A large majority of parents nowadays are so obsessed with themselves that they fail their children by not instilling in them a solid foundation of what is right & wrong, what is important and what is frivolous. These kids grow up unchallenged, spoiled, and without any sense of direction. Parents are soft and the public school systems suck (severely underfunded and mismanaged). In turn, they will become parents someday, raise bastard misguided children of their own, and keep the cycle going.

Would a military program help these kids as opposed to the criminal system, definitely. Will it ever happen? Not in the US. Until then we'll just keep cramming jail cells with prisoners and make everything illegal.

Old 10-26-2009 | 08:43 PM

I think you have it a little backwards Incognito, society has grown soft and punishes well intended parents who would discipline their kids... Kids have help lines to drop a dime on mommy and dad and some social worker to intervien when you take the video games away so they'll do the home work. By taking parental tools away our overly liberal society has fostered these little bastards into the disrespectful little turds that would damage war monuments.