Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

The New Music Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2006, 01:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The New Music Thread

Ok, I know this is probably old news to most of you, but I don't listen to rap much. I got Chamillionaire's album off iTunes, and I love that song "Ridin'." It's got a great lyrical hook. The rest of the album is OK I guess...typical of most rap albums. I hate how they have 37 tracks on a CD, and half of them are ****ty skits, and there are only 2 or 3 really good tracks on it.
I also picked up Tool's new album, and it rocks. I like the song "The Pot" a lot.

Old 11-18-2006, 01:35 PM

Rap or is it CRAP !!!! depends, that Gangsta Crap is "Crap" !!! Linkin park, to Eminem somes good somes bad, Beatles to Ozzie, Deep Purple to 3 Doors down I'll listen to most " NO COUNTRY " !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 11-18-2006, 01:37 PM

Most of rap is crap, but not all of it. I like it for the entertainment value, and girls can dance sexier to rap than the Beatles!

Old 11-18-2006, 02:25 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

SOUNDGARDEN!!! Most underated band of all time. [sm=hail.gif]
Chris Cornell has the greatest voice I've ever heard... amazing. Don't beleive me?
Check this out... Black Hole Sun (Acoustic)

Anyway... other music of interest...

Grunge, Alternative Rock, Classic Rock...

Alice In Chains, Pearl Jam, Nirvana, Tool, A Perfect Circle, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Audioslave, System Of A Down, Rage Against The Machine, (Old) Metallica, Sublime, Nine Inch Nails...

...Allman Brothers, Jimi Hendrix, Led Zepplin...

oh yeah, PANTERA.

[sm=icon_rock.gif]

Old 11-18-2006, 03:33 PM

I can't debate you on that one, some is good like Limp Bizkit, Linkin Park, Eminem, but all I am saying is the hard core Gangsta rap is kinda hard to listen to [>:] where they degrade woman and just want to kill each other thats all
ORIGINAL: TennesseeCBRF2

Most of rap is crap, but not all of it. I like it for the entertainment value, and girls can dance sexier to rap than the Beatles!

Old 11-18-2006, 03:42 PM
Retired Moderator

ORIGINAL: matt_m427

SOUNDGARDEN!!! Most underated band of all time. [sm=hail.gif]
Chris Cornell has the greatest voice I've ever heard... amazing
[sm=icon_rock.gif]
I honestly believe that Chris Cornell is one of the best song writers and lyricists of his generation. His work with Soungarden, his solo album "Euphoria Morning" is one of my ALLTIME favorite albums, and of course his work with Audioslave...he is one of my all time heroes!

Old 11-18-2006, 04:16 PM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy

ill listen to anythign with a good beat. techno, rock, rap doesnt matter.. **** i even listen to music in other languages ! lol (viet, chinese, japanese ) but im a big country fan lol i know most ppl think its all about losing yoru girl and your dog and your bike or whatever but not all of it. country speaks things that are real.

Old 11-18-2006, 05:05 PM

I'm 45 yrs old and my favorites are:

System of a Down
Offspring
Alice in Chains
Hinder, Chevelle, Three Days Grace, Nickelback (the last concert I went to)
Disturbed - heck yeah!
Audioslave/Rage
Next concert coming up is Unwritten Law and Buckcherry

Pretty much anything that's raw and new. Can't listen to 'classic rock' anymore. There's nothing new and dynamic going on there

Oh yeah, LP is pretty cool, too!

Old 11-18-2006, 05:33 PM

I like RAP and HIP HOP and i also listen to MEXICAN music i may be the only one here[sm=sigh.gif]..oh and also mexican Rap well also listen to some very little country and rock.,,,

Old 11-18-2006, 11:02 PM
Retired Mod

i can listen to anything with a decent beat and lyrics. none of this pop music "everything sounds the same" crap. mostly hard rock. oh, and 80's "big hair" rock. love that stuff. i can remember sneaking around when i was a kid (born in '80) and listening to gnr, motley crew, and others because my parents didn't want me to. makes me feel like a rebel, even now, when i listen to it. and it's great while riding.

favorite bands are: zombie (white and rob), disturbed, staind, godsmack, linkin park, bloodhound gang, avenged sevenfold, she wants revenge, metallica, korn, system of a down, audioslave....and the list goes on and on.

Quick Reply: The New Music Thread