Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

The New Music Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2006, 10:29 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The New Music Thread

I just picked up Three Days Grace's new album, One-X. It's a very good modern hard-rock album. I recommend it if you're into mainstream rock. The songs "Animal I have Become," "Pain," and "Let it Die" are my favorites.

Old 12-06-2006, 12:13 PM

OK I've got just about everything on my mp3 player. Playlist includes everything from Johnny Cash to Eminem, 2Pac, Linkin Park, Queensryche, Jethro Tull, Van Halen, Disturbed, DMX (gotta have Ruff Ryder's Anthem) and of course - Metallica. Too many to list here.

For what it's worth: There's one song that I never really cared for when it came on the radio - but the more I listened to it I was like "Now there's a biker's song if I ever heard one." I'm talking about "Crazy" by Gnarls Barkley. It may take a while to grow on you, but just listen to the words and crank it loud and you'll see what I mean.

Old 12-06-2006, 12:31 PM

Im stuck in the 80's. I listen to it almost all day, every day. I do like new music from bands like Bloc Party, The bravery, Hot Hot Heat (music thats up beat, fun and can keep me in a good mood). Ive got a starnge choice in music, so Ive been told.

Old 12-08-2006, 03:14 AM

ORIGINAL: TennesseeCBRF2

Just wanted to know what kind of tunes you guys listen to. I like almost anything, but I mostly listen to hard rock. My favorite band is Pink Floyd, and my favorite song is "Brain Damage" by Pink Floyd. I picked up 3 new CD's today. I got Korn's new one, 30 Seconds to Mars, and the new Stonesour. They are all 3 pretty good. Nothing really stellar though. So what else is worth giving a listen to?
Sorry, but when did P.F. get classified into Hard rock...more like stoner oldies
lol, im just kiddin
I like disturbed, Spineshank, Atreyu...Anything played on SQUIZZ on XM Radio, if anyone is familiar with that
OH and Country is the CHIT!

Old 12-08-2006, 03:20 AM

System of a Down rocks, Ill Nino, Prong...Some rap.....and absolutely no country[:'(]

TOOL maybe the best........EVER!!

Old 12-08-2006, 04:52 AM

Almost anything. Melodical metal: Nightwish (R.I.P.), Lake of tears, Paradise Lost and so on... Some kind of dance music like ATB, Cascada, Benassi Bros., Johnny Vicious etc..
And of course Finnish rock.

Old 12-08-2006, 06:42 PM
Retired Moderator

ORIGINAL: Leveltwo
Sorry, but when did P.F. get classified into Hard rock...more like stoner oldies
I don't know if you are old enought to remember, but one year Jethro Tull beat out Metallica for best "heavy metal" group, so you never know... I think it would be easier to say what I don't like. Primarily Rap and Country music. What is the worst combo is that country rap guy. For me, that is like one of the levels of hell. I can just picture the dark one jabbin' me with a pitch fork while he cranks up the country rap at the beginning of my 24 hour shift of separating corn and peanuts out of hells sewer system.

Old 12-08-2006, 07:15 PM

ORIGINAL: voodoochyl

ORIGINAL: Leveltwo
I don't know if you are old enought to remember, but one year Jethro Tull beat out Metallica for best "heavy metal" group, so you never know... I think it would be easier to say what I don't like. Primarily Rap and Country music. What is the worst combo is that country rap guy. For me, that is like one of the levels of hell. I can just picture the dark one jabbin' me with a pitch fork while he cranks up the country rap at the beginning of my 24 hour shift of separating corn and peanuts out of hells sewer system.
HAHA... I remember the big stink e/one had over the tull/metallica thing. Kind of a joke really !! ANYTHING but country..... gives me a rash on my butt.

Old 12-08-2006, 11:48 PM

rap basically thats all i listen to.

Old 12-09-2006, 12:13 PM

i listen to alot of hip hop like mos def and the roots and talib kweli. listen to some newer rock, pretty much the songs on the alternative rock station. like punk. like older gangsta rap like gin and juice and stuff like that (all that new stuff is crap wit a beat). like some country cause i grew up listenin to it. love southern rock...cant beat "Sweat Home Alabama" and "Hotel California". O and the one song i always like to first roll out to wit my mp3 when im warmin the bike up is "Low Rider" just puts me in a cool *** mood.