Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

The New Music Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2006, 07:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The New Music Thread

Just wanted to know what kind of tunes you guys listen to. I like almost anything, but I mostly listen to hard rock. My favorite band is Pink Floyd, and my favorite song is "Brain Damage" by Pink Floyd. I picked up 3 new CD's today. I got Korn's new one, 30 Seconds to Mars, and the new Stonesour. They are all 3 pretty good. Nothing really stellar though. So what else is worth giving a listen to?

Old 09-21-2006, 07:19 PM
Default RE: The New Music Thread

I am with you, i will listen to almost aything.Like some rock sometimes rap here and there. 3Doors down, linkin park,
through in some Alice in chains from time to time. All depends on the mood.

Old 09-21-2006, 07:23 PM

If you like Linkin Park and rap, you gotta get Linkin Park VS Jay-Z. It's so tight and you can get the DVD too. I think it's called Collision Course. Only has 6 or 7 tracks, but it's good.

Old 09-21-2006, 07:53 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thats cool, there is a fall fest here in OCT, its with Alice in Chains, Staind, Breaking Benjamin, Stone Sour, Avenged Sevenfold, Earshot and some other bands. I cant wait, it is going to be awesome, also my first concert being 21, that is going to make it 1,000,000X better! I listen to everything but country. Jared Leto is the **** (30 secs to mars). i like some of stonesour, i like their stuff like bother and through glass. i dont like the slipknot type songs they have, that **** just sucks.

Old 09-21-2006, 09:59 PM

Tool the best band in my eyes. Use to listen to just rap but started to sound like country after awhile so now metal and rock. Try inflames: the queit place or my sweet shadow are some songs. but any of tool songs are good. Slipknot's wait and bleed is great thats what got me into rock.

Old 09-22-2006, 12:11 AM

Depends on the mood and place....I can appreciate almost any artist, I listen to everything from Slayer to Sinatra. Drunk with the buddies at a Bar-b-que, like to throw in some david allen coe or old hank jr, maybe some george jones, nice evening with the wife, kids gone, some sinatra or stereophonics or bach, pissed off at work, reloading ammo in my shop, wanna forget about everything but me, some malevelant creation, slayer, nail bomb, or rage against the machine, lazy sunday doin some yard work, playin ball with my boys, classic rock. I like rap also, but a bit more selective, really like 2Pac, songs that tell a story, don't like the I'm so cool, got my bitches linned up and my 40 stuff.......but like the ole NWA tracks. All depends, but I like most anything.

Old 09-22-2006, 01:14 PM
Retired Moderator

JIMI HENDRIX!!!

Old 09-22-2006, 06:24 PM

White Stripes and Live (Throwing Copper is still one of the best albumns ever made)

I will listen to most anything else except for blues/jazz and classical.

Old 09-22-2006, 07:12 PM

AFI, Hawthorne Heights, Scary Kids Scaring Kids, Evanescence. Things of that sort

Old 09-22-2006, 10:18 PM

ORIGINAL: TennesseeCBRF2

If you like Linkin Park and rap, you gotta get Linkin Park VS Jay-Z. It's so tight and you can get the DVD too. I think it's called Collision Course. Only has 6 or 7 tracks, but it's good.
Love linkin park not a big Jayz fan but that album is great.....and the DVD is good too

Quick Reply: The New Music Thread