Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Need some advice Please.

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2007, 10:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Need some advice Please.

First of all let me say thankyou for serving our country.

It sounds like you dont have a choice anymore on whether you go or not so why rub salt on the wound. Just keep your chin up but your head down and make shure you come back to your familly. Let your wife know that you love her and that she is NOT 2nd place in your life.Spend as much time with them as humanly posible.

:-) and please, please, leave the suicide missions to people that are suicidal, if you live to fight another day, you can do twice the damage :-)

we got your back soldier, just make shure you keep a balance between duty and family

Old 07-25-2007, 02:05 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I want to wish you the best...and to thank you.

I also want to say..listen to your heart, it will lead your way.

Old 07-25-2007, 04:26 AM

OK in some ways I can agree with your Wife as much as it pains me to say it because I too am married and know how the score board usually reads... but if you think you can make a difference and not get killed in the process then I will say go for it...like someone already stated I think you have no choice anyway by now.
just remember that no plan is perfect and know when to get the hell out. I know we started out on the wrong foot and I am sorry about that but things here have been overwhelming on me and stress has taken its toll.but non then less I thank you for your service...and be sure to make it back to your wife. above all else don't let the last things you say to each other be out of anger or contempt. you never know what could happen and I'm sure it would be hard to recover from the worst case scenario if you both leave it as it is.... I can say no matter what I lovemy wife and even when she gets to be too much I try to settle it before I sleep so I don't go to sleep angry... just remember to let her know how much you love her.

Good luck.

Old 07-27-2007, 10:12 AM
Friend and Hero ...

I truly appreciate those who have taken the time to read my thread and weigh in on it. I realize there are those out there who could care less about my problems are the fact that there is a war going on outside their little world and they just wish to skim the surface of life without diving below the surface. I will say it once again. I have a hard time excepting any thanks for what I have chosen to do in life. It was a choice, but I do humbly appreciate your thanks and support only on the behalf of all who step into harm's way on the subject of choice. It really wasn't much of a choice. I am a fourth-generation Marine and the youngest of four children, who are all Marines. My great grandfather said we were just paying this Great Nation back for its blessings It had bestowed upon us.

Now for the issue at hand. Here is just a little more background intel for you, as stated above. I am a fourth-generation Marine, which complicates matters when it comes to choosing a career path. My wife is a military brat, her father served 25 years in the Army. Upon his retirement , he took a position with a private military contracter and went to Iraq. So see I can't see the difference between his decision and my and I have always tried to maintain a balance between my career and family . I do my Best to Show My Children and My Wife. How much I love them and care about them . And as someone has pointed out at the moment I did not have a choice. Now when the time comes that I do, I dont know what is going to happen. But for the moment I need to focus on the job at hand. Like to comment about a few of the responses I wouldn't say that their hatred of us is as deep as you believe there are those who want us there. Do they want social reform and freed. Yes do they want it on the terms were providing it. Probably not. Audicbr. I have preached long and hard on those wicked ID card chasers[sm=signs007.gif] BlindinOrange. I harbor no ill will towards you respect anyone willing to stand their ground especially when it come to something they believe in would still like to let you have that book just as alone now lol [sm=smiley20.gif]on a final note. THANK YOU ALL

Old 07-27-2007, 10:25 AM

best of luck man God Bless and God speed. May your feet be swift and your gun kill alot of bad guys.