Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

My kids set me up...Dads, post your stories

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2008, 06:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My kids set me up...Dads, post your stories

First, let me start this by saying im a huge popcorn freak. Just butter, no cheese, no caramel. Just plain ole movie theater butter. Anyway...The other day, I came home from work and my cousin (who is living with us to watch the kids while my wife deploys)tells me that a little boy came by selling popcorn. She(cousin) knows how I am about popcorn, so she tells him to come back another day. So, this morning, I hear the doorbell ring, and my oldest daughter(10) comes to tell me that the kid selling popcorn was at the door. I grabbed my few bucks in cash I had, and went to the door to find this little boyscout, around 7 or 8 years old. Little man, had a nice little sales pitch and everything. I really didnt give 2 ****s why he was selling it, I just support anything positive. Hell, he could be out stealing bikes, or throwing rocks at windows or some ****.Anyway, i stepped outside to see his menu, and my daughters were in the doorway watching. AsI was looking through, I said, " I want some plain ole popcorn"($8). My 10 year old then says, " I want some caramel", andmy 3 year old repeats her. Im like man......Saying to myself, Ihave a 3 packjust purchased fromthe grocery store for $.99. On the menu, the caramel popcorn was $30, yes thirty dollars men!!! It was one of those daddy moments that I had to do it. I couldnt tell the kid, "no thank you" when he only came back because he was told to. I couldnt get regular popcorn(i already had some in the pantry). They got me. They sold it to me as if I was getting some good gourmet popcorn for ME!!!! Damn women. I need a son. aint this abitch?

Old 10-04-2008, 06:16 PM
Jan 2009 ROTM
Default RE: My kids set me up...Dads, post your stories

Owned by an 8 year old . I dont have kids, but it sounds like something that could happen to the best of us

Old 10-04-2008, 07:52 PM
Retired Moderator

Doog, you are in deep trouble. Those little girls are going to whoop your butt for all sorts of good stuff over the next several years . Prom dresses and wedding dresses are even more expensive than caramel popcorn.

My kids got me on Rock Band. They wanted it really bad, and said they would chip in half. We go to Wal*mart and I see it is like $160! My son Joey had about $15 left on a gift card and my daughter Kyrah had about $20. I had to pull out the old credit card. I told them they would work off the rest of the money...but I'll be damned if they are really ****ty at chores [:@]. Being a dad can make you go broke!

Old 10-05-2008, 01:32 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Funny story doog.

Did you get RB2 yet voodoo?

Old 10-05-2008, 05:21 PM

I don't have kids but I feel you on the money that gets spent on kids. I am 24 and have a 10 year old brother and a 18 year sister. My little brother comes and stays a weekend with me about once a month and all I hear is "Bubba I want this. Bubba I want that." Oh well, I guess that's what big brothers do. Then my little sister comes in from college she stays at my apartment and I hear the same thing plus I hear "Bubba can I have $100 so I can go buy a new outfit" and of course me being the kickass brother I give her money but make her clean my apartment.

Old 10-05-2008, 05:45 PM

Yeah, its crazy fellas!!

Old 10-05-2008, 07:40 PM

wow guess i got it easy, no kids and my two little sisters are happy if i give them a 15 minute ride on the bike, then they dont ask for anything else.

Old 10-05-2008, 08:02 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

My 2 daughters having 10 times more clothes than what I'm having right now....