Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

My Crappy Awesome Day

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2008, 11:19 PM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Crappy Awesome Day

Alrighty, so I ventured to Erie from Pittsburgh this weekend to visit my cuz and best friend (130 miles). ANYWAYS, we had a decent weekend. My cousin is renting a townhouse with no garage, so I had no choice but to park the CBR in his kitchen. As shown below, I had to venture through a nice damp muddy lawn to get the bike to his back patio, but it was all good...

So I checked the forecast for both cities last night and this morning, and determined that if I left at 930 I would stay well ahead of the weather, despite it being 59 degrees. Well, I leave with 3 quarters of a tank this morning and let me just say that I've never felt wind like that...My *** was being whipped all over the f***ing place and it was a constant challenge to keep her on the road. I was going about 85 or 90 average, but I had to make sure that there was nobody beside me because the random wind gusts were knocking me right the hell out of my lane...I've felt crosswinds before, but never like this, and it caused me to change lanes uncontrollably instead of fighting when I could safely do so and I hit the side rumble strips twice.

So I stop and get gas a little over half way in, and about 10 minutes into my ride from the gas station, here comes the rain. Way to go weatherman.....way to be 2 hours behind. According to the forecast from 3 different sources, I should have had plenty of time before rain hit, but I should have known better than to trust the word of a profession that gets payed the same for being wrong. I manned it out as long as I could, but when the rain got too bad I thought more than a few times that my wheels were gonna be blown rightout from under me by the ridiculous wind and I couldn't chance it anymore, so I pulled under an overpass. While there, I made a cool little discovery...apparently, I wasn't the first biker to pull over there because of rain, and there was a little message wall going on (see below). I thought this was pretty cool to say the least, as these are the kind of things that cage riders will never see or know about.

My contribution to the wall is pretty much obvious. So I call my cousin, who is an air traffic controller and well trained on weather and radar interpretations, and he tells me that after the rain stops, I got a half hour window to get home before the next wave hits. I wait for the rain to calm, and then i man up, gear up, and hit the road again. Once again, winds are blowing me every which way, but I do my best to stay in the dryer tire marks left by the people in front of me while trying to keep the bike as upright as possible on the bends so as not to loose traction on the slick road. I was cursing in my helmet as mother f***ers were riding my *** the whole while as if there was a thing I could do about it. I just wanted to jump off my bike and give them a keys and say "Here *******, you see how easy this is and how it feels to have your lame *** minivan up my ***"

So finally, I see the good ole Pittsburgh skyline and it was smooth sailing from there. The next wave hit an hour after my cousin predicted, but I was just happy to be home and warm and dry again. After the trip, I was absolutely drained and became a useless slug for the rest of the day til about 6 o'clock. That was when I left for game 2 of the Eastern Conference finals of the Pens-Flyers series, so I was able to watch that game and get a healthy buzz. Watching the Pens stomp on the jerkoff Flyers was without a doubt the bright spot of my miserable day, and being up 2 games to none is an amazing feeling. I have very little doubt that my boys are gonna

Old 05-11-2008, 11:46 PM
Default RE: My Crappy Awesome Day

6/15/80- Wow, that must be the oldest thread anyone on this forum has ever dug up

Old 05-12-2008, 12:05 AM
Banned

ORIGINAL: Onarom

6/15/80- Wow, that must be the oldest thread anyone on this forum has ever dug up
F'in ay...I was shocked when I saw that...the other one appears to be from '02, but for that one dude's crap to still be there from 28 years ago was amazing to me.

Old 05-12-2008, 12:19 AM

Cool story shoortbuss..

I'm amazed also that 28 years latrer its written on there. It must have really beenscraped in there

At least the rain cleaned off your tires [:'(]She was looking a lil dirty bro.....

Your cuz is cool to let you bring the bike inside. why the cover on it while sitting in the kitchen?

RED [8D]

Old 05-12-2008, 12:27 AM
Jan 2009 ROTM

Glad you made it in one piece at least That pillar is pretty cool also.

OH and Redwings FTW ! !

Old 05-12-2008, 01:06 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

kewl.

Old 05-12-2008, 10:38 AM

ORIGINAL: TK954RR

OH and Redwings FTW ! !

THOSE ARE FIGHTING WORDS TK. PITTSBURGH ALL THE WAY.

Old 05-12-2008, 10:49 AM

Gald you made it home fine. This past Friday they were not calling for rain till after midnight so we kept the bikes out. Well about 8:00 pm and the rain starts. We tried to beat it, but hit the worrst part on the way home. i only had to ride about 10 miles, but I was soaked and cleaned the bike the night before. The old F4 did great in the rain and even ran better the next day.

Old 05-12-2008, 11:00 AM
Banned

ORIGINAL: Red600RR

why the cover on it while sitting in the kitchen?
The sheet on it in the kitchen was our attempt to try to contain the fumes from the bike...it took 5 minutes to stick his whole place up like CBR.

Bumble Bee, it wasn't so much the rain that bothered me, but rather the wind, especially at Rt 79 speeds. It was strong enough to blow me out of my lane several times, so I didn't underestimate it's ability to blow one of my wheels loose on the wet slick road.

Old 05-12-2008, 11:27 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: asidari

ORIGINAL: TK954RR

OH and Redwings FTW ! !

THOSE ARE FIGHTING WORDS TK. PITTSBURGH ALL THE WAY.
I was going to say, they have to make it passed the wings to win, and we all know that just won't happen. Hehe....