Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Crappy Ass Parking Lot = 1... Me=0

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2007, 07:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Crappy *** Parking Lot = 1... Me=0

I parked by bike in the parking lot at my appt today to come home, shower and ****. Came out and it was on its side. At first I thought someone pushed it over. Got out there, picked it up off the ground and noticed **** all over the ground. I thought it was oil leaking from it because something broke but then I looked closer, and it was part of the damn parking lot. There is a good size hole where my kickstand was and the damn lot gave out from under it. I took pictures went to the office and they said that there isnt much they can do. Bull****, I am gonna have to go talk to a lawyer to see if they can get this **** fixed. My handlebar bent, clutch lever bent, farings and tail are ****ed, and peg bent. ****. Bad day.
Pics.

Old 06-21-2007, 07:31 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Crappy *** Parking Lot = 1... Me=0

Asphalt does that, you sure aren't the first. Good luck getting anything for it.

Old 06-21-2007, 07:32 PM

helzmet crushed too!

shoulda got some frame silders.

Old 06-21-2007, 07:32 PM

damn bro, the sucks. that sure is a high quality paving job though. i hope you get something out of it.

Old 06-21-2007, 07:37 PM

I made sure that the bike was almost straight up and down against the hill befoer parking. **** happens.

Old 06-21-2007, 07:43 PM

Sorry to hear about your accident. I kinda had the same thing happen to me about a year ago...was in Wal-Mart and they announced it over the intercom "Whoever owns the black Honda motorcycle in the parking lot needs to attend to it immediately"...went out there and there she was, on her side with a gallery of people standing around it ...anyways, long story short, some POS low life scum kicked it over. In your situation, I think that huge DC sticker on the windscreen weighed it down? Good luck on the recovery!

Old 06-21-2007, 07:47 PM

My lawyer said he is going to talk to My appt manager tomorrow. hope things go well.

I am gonna go cruise some twisties and have a good time. Maybe I will forget about it.

Old 06-21-2007, 07:56 PM

Your lawyer isnt going to be able to get you anything, honestly,I dont think you should even take it up. This happens, it is known, all asphalt has the potential for it to happen. If anything you need to be talking to your insurance agent, not your lawyer. You need to get yourself a crushed soda can or a coaster to put under it. The parking lot at my work does this too, but I have not had it fall over yet, just a bunch of puncture holes where my bike parks, lol.

Old 06-21-2007, 08:03 PM

Hope its one of those "we dont get paid unless you get paid lawyers" cause if not you just wasted some money. Dont get me wrong I feel bad for ya, but Why in the world would you think the apt complex is at fault?

Old 06-21-2007, 08:21 PM

You would need to prove that they knew the lot was paved improperly and that it posed a safety hazard to get anything from the apartment people. Everyone I know carries a square piece of metal to put under the stand for those hot days.

Quick Reply: Crappy Ass Parking Lot = 1... Me=0