Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Motorcycle Test

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2008, 04:50 PM
Location: Granger, Indiana (Next to South Bend and Notre Dame)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Motorcycle Test

So I plan on taking the liscense test on Saturday but not sure what bike to ride... Should I ride my F2 or my mom's little 600 Shadow? I'm pretty comfortable with my bike but are they biased about it being a sportbike? I'm not sure which to ride so I'm wondering what you guys think I should do, also any tips for taking the test would be nice. Thanks.

Old 04-16-2008, 04:52 PM
Default RE: Motorcycle Test

which ever your better on. in my state the course is preeeettttty tight to manuver.

Old 04-16-2008, 04:55 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

they dont care what kind of bike you are on, aslong as it seems safe and in working order. take which ever bike you are the MOST confortable and "at home" on.

advice? just stay relaxed, dont target fixate. no need to be nervous.....that'll just make things worse and you'll tense up and make mistakes. go take the test, have fun w/ it....and good luck on getting the license.

Old 04-16-2008, 05:02 PM

I took the test on my bike. I had the highest cc bike there. Two kids on 600's didnt even make it through half the test before they failed. But a smaller bike is the best for the test.
They wont care that you are on a sportbike. They only can mark you down on mistakes. Like stalling it, putting your foot down, droping, running over cones or going over the lines.
Where I took my test they had the parking lot painted with all the skills you had to pass. I just went and practiced a few times before I took the test. On the day of the test they put cones out. I thought for sure I was going to screw up on the weaving through the cones. But I made it through with no problems. Didnt hit one. So the biggest tip I can give you is go and practice!

Old 04-16-2008, 05:08 PM

Depends on what its like in your state. In Tx, a trooper just looks over your bike, checks licinse, insurance and so on, and you have to provide a "chaser car" for him to ride in, so my wife was there in her car, also checked all the paperwork for her car. the trooper rode with her and he/they just followed me around a quite suburb, honked once for left and twice for right, took about 10min, was just tooling around slow quite streets with no traffic. And of course the written test, no biggie.

Old 04-16-2008, 05:09 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Shocktroop

Depends on what its like in your state. In Tx, a trooper just looks over your bike, checks licinse, insurance and so on, and you have to provide a "chaser car" for him to ride in, so my wife was there in her car, also checked all the paperwork for her car. the trooper rode with her and he/they just followed me around a quite suburb, honked once for left and twice for right, took about 10min, was just tooling around slow quite streets with no traffic. And of course the written test, no biggie.

wow, thats weird! never heard of them doing it like THAT!

Old 04-16-2008, 05:11 PM

Wish they would do that here.

Old 04-16-2008, 05:30 PM

yet another reason for me to avoid texas

Old 04-16-2008, 06:04 PM

^^^ lol.

Use the bike you are more comfortable with. As said before, the course is pretty tight and personally, I couldn't handle a cruiser worth $hit through it. They don't hate against sport bike riders. Come prepared with your paperwork andpre-inspection completed.

Old 04-16-2008, 06:26 PM
Banned

shadow.

Quick Reply: Motorcycle Test