Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Motocross Pants for Street Riding

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2007, 06:01 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Motocross Pants for Street Riding

How feasible is this?

I was comparing textile riding pants to motocross pants and saw very few differences between the two in construction and materials.

So my main question is, would motocross pants provide any sort of additional slide-resistance to jeans? (like textile riding pants?)

Reason for asking is that I saw a guy on a Yamaha R6 wearing them today, and thought it was a pretty smart idea (other than wearing just plain jeans).

Old 05-26-2007, 06:35 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: Motocross Pants for Street Riding

Probably work just fine since motorcross gear is made for being layed down on dirt and gravel and the street is a little less bumpy/gnarly than that. However make sure it has lots of extra stitching and padding if possible.

a Side note:
Anybody try out the Icon fieldarmor lower leg armor? It looks tight, has big abrasion panels and padding, and comes off and on quickly.Best of all will fit under normal jeans.

Old 05-26-2007, 07:13 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I plan to try them on but I am also interested in the fieldarmor vest they carry as well.it looks comfortable. any one buy one???

Old 05-27-2007, 04:29 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Went down and compared a $200 textile street pant vs. a $90 motocross pant. The motocross pant had more padding and felt like it would offer more protection than the street pant. (plus the motocross pant matched my jacket almost perfectly.)

It beats just wearing jeans I guess.

Anyone else want to chime in?

Old 05-27-2007, 02:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I honestly have looked at both, what I would consider doing is I saw (I believe it was last month's motorcyclist) about some kevlar reinforced jeans for riding, that had padding in all the right spots, and optional knee pucks (for those that want to look cool dragging a knee wearing jeans). Price was only about $50 per pair, relatively cheap IMHO.