Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Mmmmmm. Thats emo tastic.

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2008, 11:23 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Mmmmmm. Thats emo tastic.

LMAO, I am SO gonna use that Emo motivational poster!!!

what do you say to an Emo Kid to make him cry?

anything.

Old 04-16-2008, 11:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Name:  emo.jpg
Views: 6
Size:  34.1 KB

Old 04-17-2008, 02:07 AM

ORIGINAL: flashman

ORIGINAL: woo545

ORIGINAL: flashman

WTF, what real issues can young kids have? Why are there so many damn copouts for life now? These kids are just pissy crybabies, I dont love me so lets cut my wrist. Smart.
Abuse? Lack of parental guidance. Hanging out with the wrong kids. Depression. Parents this, Parents that....
Lack of friends, being made fun of by other reindeer.

It's tough being a kid.
To me those are all copouts. I hung out with the wrong kids (drinkers, smokers, thieves) and also got made fun of but those are issues easily overcome. All you need is one friend that can help you out. So IMO being a kid is not that tough if you at least have a home to go to and 1 person who cares, which believe it or not every person has at least 1. I was reading an article earlier in the week that stated that people no longer have mental breakdowns because it is called bi polar. Isnt it easier to just not name a disease?

I just think that with some many people willing to help and listen that people who decide the world is against them and want to cut themselves to take the pain away from other areas of their lives are pathetic. I dont know about you but when I was in school we didnt have EMO kids, they were called the weird kids.
I'm in no way commending "emo culture" or cutting by any means, but I do believe that there are some situations that kids get born into that make life near impossible... some people legitly need counseling due to mental illness... I've had a lot of adversity in my life and I've seemed to grow from it and become stronger, but not everyone deals with things the same way. My motto is to appreciate everyone for who they are and not to judge from the outside... I'm not trying to start a fight, I'm just saying that sometimes people actually need help.

Old 04-17-2008, 07:43 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I really don't think it's a copout if your father came home drunk everyday, and beats the crap out of you for not tying your shoes right. Yells at you when you are a 5 yrs old and tells you not to cry and to toughen up. There is nothing a kid can do in those circumstances. They are too scared to. They build defenses. I'm not saying that it is the reason EMO kids are the way they are, I'm just saying, you don't know what it is like to be in their life. You don't know all the factors that have played apart of their lives. [ol][*]You can't help someone that doesn't want to be helped.[*]You can't understand what someone is going through unless you lived their life.[/ol]
I'm guessing EMO kids find other EMO kids and they feed off one another. Misery loves company.

Though I tend to agree. One good role model is usually all that is needed. Usually, though that would be the parents. The parents are the first defense in building a childs character. They are the ones that a kid should talk to. They are the ones that help a child learn to deal with situations. I think it's a shame when there isn't at least one parent home for the child. I don't care if it's the father or mother. It helps give the child a grounding...someone to depend on besides themselves.

Left to our own devices, bad experiences tend to cause a young child to build up antisocial behavior and other defenses to protect themselves. Unfortunately, those defenses tend to contribute to other problems, in particular, unable to cope with others and their actions. These defenses are also bad in relationships. They are a hinderance to our lives.

Another persons mental well being is dependent on those around them.

EDIT: I'm not saying this is an excuse....these kids do need help. The question is, what kind of help?

Old 04-17-2008, 12:06 PM
Banned

I replaced my lawn with Emo Grass...Now my lawn cuts itself....

Old 04-17-2008, 09:27 PM

I replaced my lawn with Emo Grass...Now my lawn cuts itself

Ha! That is awesome!

Old 04-17-2008, 09:44 PM

ORIGINAL: voodoochyl

The only problem with emos is that they don't cut themselves deep enough...
ahahaha x2........This is natural selection.........let the idiots cut themselves and the world will have less idiots.

Old 04-17-2008, 10:11 PM

Wait...let the emo girls live for a little bit. I think the eye shadow and dark hair is a turn on. Let me hump them before they die. Then hump again for a short time after theyre dead.[&:]

Old 04-17-2008, 11:35 PM
Retired Moderator

^^^ Nauree, the problem is both sexes look the same with emos. The boyemos look like the girl emos, andvice versa. What if you were experiencing the death quiver, and then realized you had your junk in some emo dude's mud cutter all the while thinking you were tapping the holiest of holies? One word...GAY.

Old 04-18-2008, 12:17 AM

alright, im probably going to get alot of **** for this, but im gonna say it anyway:

this news report(as most new reports do), focuses on the worst aspects of emo. not everyone who has one of those haircuts or dresses like that is in danger of killing themselves. there are alot of kids who dress like that simply because, well, as they said, its an expression of their feelings. its also, as they said, a fashion, following the way the bands they listen to dress. as far as the music goes...alot of the time, the music is a way for people feeling sad to get out the negative feelings without self injury...music singing about killing yourself or something else along those lines is alot better than actually doing it...and of course there are those who struggle with self injury, and alot of times, it because, as was said before here, those kids have had a really rough time. alot of times its because of a terrible home life...abusive parents, whether physically, emotionally, or mentally...can be a huge factor in how a child develops...also, even if the parents arent abusive, if they just arent "there" at the right times, it can cause a kid alot of heartache growing up...we all know its awkward growing up and not everyone has someone there to support them, so they turn to music cause the music is there and they can relate...so dont categorize everyone who may look like that into one lump...everyone is different, and everyone handles hard times differently...this is just like a news report saying that all sportbikers like to do 170mph through school zones without helmets on while smuggling crack