Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Mmmmmm. Thats emo tastic.

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2008, 06:08 AM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Mmmmmm. Thats emo tastic.

ORIGINAL: ikhoudvanu199

alright, im probably going to get alot of **** for this, but im gonna say it anyway:

this news report(as most new reports do), focuses on the worst aspects of emo. not everyone who has one of those haircuts or dresses like that is in danger of killing themselves. there are alot of kids who dress like that simply because, well, as they said, its an expression of their feelings. its also, as they said, a fashion, following the way the bands they listen to dress. as far as the music goes...alot of the time, the music is a way for people feeling sad to get out the negative feelings without self injury...music singing about killing yourself or something else along those lines is alot better than actually doing it...and of course there are those who struggle with self injury, and alot of times, it because, as was said before here, those kids have had a really rough time. alot of times its because of a terrible home life...abusive parents, whether physically, emotionally, or mentally...can be a huge factor in how a child develops...also, even if the parents arent abusive, if they just arent "there" at the right times, it can cause a kid alot of heartache growing up...we all know its awkward growing up and not everyone has someone there to support them, so they turn to music cause the music is there and they can relate...so dont categorize everyone who may look like that into one lump...everyone is different, and everyone handles hard times differently...this is just like a news report saying that all sportbikers like to do 170mph through school zones without helmets on while smuggling crack
crryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy emo boy crryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Just playin, but seriously...I think you are really stating the obvious. I still hate all that is emo though. Life's a bitch, and it comes down to 2 options...Either accept it and overcome your adversities, or put on make-up and attempt to be different by dressing like all your friends and sit in the room and bathe in your own self pity.

Old 04-18-2008, 05:34 PM
Retired Moderator

I'm mad at my dad so I'm going to have a dumb haircut and wear black lipstick...waaaaaa!!! I never understood how a dude that wears eyeliner and black fingernail polish is expressing himself, but I am in insensitive jerk (so my wife says ). My wife had a really hard life that included being abandoned by her mom at 14. She pulled up her boot straps and is an amazing person today without self mutilation, poor fashion choices, or threatening suicide.

Old 04-18-2008, 06:20 PM
Old 04-18-2008, 08:22 PM

Long *** black hair sweeped to one side and a lip ring. Makeup to make you look more femine. Yup

*edit*

Bawhahahaha That first song, I've never heard the prelude. Never knew that song was sung by emos. I remember when that came out and was on the radio ALL THE DAM TIME!

Old 04-18-2008, 08:33 PM

What a *****. That second song could have been 5 seconds long of just him jumping, but nooooooooooo lets sing first.

Old 04-18-2008, 08:37 PM

I'm working on patenting a razor blade powder-coated black for emos. They'll sell like hot-cakes.

Old 04-18-2008, 10:13 PM

ok:

Old 04-19-2008, 01:15 AM

Least funny emo joke of the thread. It's really late and i'm tired and it's all i could come up with.

What do you give your friend when you find out he's emo?

A chainsaw.

Or maybe "an electric carving knife" would work better there. [:@]

Old 04-19-2008, 10:57 PM

+1 on the

Old 04-19-2008, 11:06 PM

He is actually a gay Punk rocker. But then they became main stream. And suck now. (Another pun)
I do like the Prelude though.