Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Military Sportbike Riders course

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2008, 11:20 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Military Sportbike Riders course

We dont pay here as long as it is the course taught on base. I am not sure about other places, but I wouldnt think any base would charge for something that is being taught on a base. Hell even the civilian DOD employees here can go through for nothing.

Old 06-28-2008, 08:49 PM

Well PACAF is different for the regs. Course is free on base, but we have to pay if we take it off base. Damn Army gets vouchers to go off base. That would have saved me $250.

Old 06-29-2008, 06:21 PM

If it is on base it is free, and if on base is not available, and you take it in town, you get re-imbersed (sp?) so in short, if they make you take it, they have to provide it to you at no cost. The whole point is the "Mandatory" thing. yes, its good, yes its helpfull, will I need it to live another day? No. Heres my point of view, agree or dissagree. Your responsible for your own actions. If your a dumbass, your gonna be a dumbass on a sportbike, cruiser, car or a damn tractor, its darwinism at work, natural selection. I keep full coverage on my rides, wear protective gear, and have zero tickets, please please please get off my *** about what I ride and leave me the hell alone. If young riders are to blame, which is 99.9% of it, then target that demographic. I just have a problem with the whole "Nanny government" idea of fixing problems, sweep it with a broad brush and make everyone accountable for the few. I know several guys with base decals who don't have an endorsement, insurance, or gear, all of which are required to get on base, but they do so everyday. It's to easy to get around, we make it a hasle so these guys find ways around it instead of fostering responsible riding, we persecute them instead or we make the consequences less than the responsibility.

Old 06-30-2008, 07:33 PM
Friend and Hero ...

ORIGINAL: Mooseknuckle

I'm stationed at Moody. Just looked it up and can't find anything here. Only says you need the basic MSF course or basically some kind of proof that you took a riders course. The rest is still local CC option whether he wants riders to take more in depth (strategic) courses or not. At Pope (NC) when stationed there, riders had to take the MSF, then if you rode a sportbike, had to take the SRC and BRC. Our CC there was a dick and briefed, "if I could, I would ban all motorcycles". So he made us do CC briefs every 3 months, and all kinds of stupid **** just to try to make it as hard as possible to ride. Then I moved here, and my new CC rides. Hmm...
Sounds a lot like somebody else I had the misfortune of encountering on the subject

All Riders over the Age of 25 Are Idiots
https://cbrforum.com/m_432863/tm.htm

Old 07-04-2008, 02:56 PM

[align=left]i was actually in the first class that took the new Sport Bike specific course for Camp Pendleton,CA right before i came out here to iraq, i thought all and all it was actually a really good course and quite fun. It taught the new riders alot about their bikes and how they handle, things they didnt really know when they got there. taught them about leaning and cornering are two of the things we spent the most time on. They used our class to give our input and too try to improve the course im sure its already changed since Ii last took it though, I'll probably have to take it again when i get back in a month
[/align]