Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Lost my best friend and his sister in a motorcycle accident.

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2007, 02:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Lost my best friend and his sister in a motorcycle accident.

ORIGINAL: Shocktroop

Maybe it's just me, but as much as I care for a few near and dear to me, I can't be there to make decissions for them. So if they make their bed,then they gotta sleep in it. I feel really sorry for the parents, more so cause of the daughter, and I don't buy into the instinct thing. The last thing I think if I get pulled over is to run. You play, well, sometimes you gotta pay, and if it's only a ticket, maybe you got lucky. Now, I'm not tryong to be an ***, but at the end of the day, I don't feel bad for peoples choices, unless they affect others, like the sister/daughter, but for him...well,no malice intended, but he cooked up that stew on his own. For the friend and the OP, sorry for your loss, and if possible, remember him in spirit, but don't feel sorry for him, he made his own choices, and you couldn't be there to watch over him, nor is it your responsibility, so chalk it up to anotherone gone, live and learn. This may seem callous to you, butperhaps thats just me. I've lost many friends, from drug deals gone bad to suicide, murder, drunk drivers, accidents, you name it. And......while it sucks, I don't take any weight on my shoulders. It was their choice, not mine and nothing I could do could have taken it back or prevented it. Personal accountability. I can't feel too sorry for someone that gets burned playing with fire, know what I mean? So while this is not a personal attack on anyone, I can see all aspects of the former posts, from guys bagginthe OPto 69 tellin folks to get off his ***, he just lost a friend, I can see all points and all hold weight. I hate to say that this is just another thread of someone making a bad decission, but thats what it is, only with a higher toll. I sympathize with the guy, but I don't feel sorry for him.
I do Agree with you...The only thing i was sayin is this guy is going thru alot and to talk **** about his friend doesnt help him at all. We all have our opinions on what we would have done, but sayin the guy shouldn't have ran he was stupid and careless, doesn't help him, but yet i see your point on maybe this will make people realize what not to do. It has made me think about cops and tickets. I think id rather stop and get a ticket rather than run and kill myself or someone else. I understand and I apoligize for the posts. I understand and i hope that you guys still love me lol....=)

Old 06-05-2007, 02:09 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wow...i'm seeing eye to eye with you for the first time ever!
remember...you can catch more flies with honey than you can with whatever's not honey ;-)
yes the truth needs to be told, but in times like this...it needs to be sugar coated.
truth with love...cause it's easier to swallow and will most likely be taken better.

Old 06-05-2007, 02:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

=) finally you agree with me?? wow...so you still love me after all lol.

Just keep that family in your prayers, i cant imagine losing both kids like that.