Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Lost my best friend and his sister in a motorcycle accident.

Old 06-01-2007, 12:57 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lost my best friend and his sister in a motorcycle accident.

6:53 a.m. May 21, 2007
SAN DIEGO – Two people killed in high-speed motorcycle crash Sunday night in Mission Valley have been identified as an active-duty Navy man and his sister.
They were Christopher Lee Williamson, 21, who was stationed at North Island Naval Air Station and Rachel Farrelly, 25, from Imperial Beach, the county Medical Examiner's Office said Monday. Officers tried to stop the pair for speeding as they were riding in a group with two other motorcycles heading east on Interstate 8 at Taylor Street just after 7 p.m., the California Highway Patrol said. The driver accelerated to over 100 mph and overtook a second CHP unit at about 110 to 115 mph at Hotel Circle, the CHP said.
The driver then took the ramp to southbound Interstate 805 at 75 to 80 mph and struck the left guard rail, CHP officials said.
Both the driver and the rider were thrown off the bike and over the side, landing some 75 feet below in a parking lot on Camino del Rio South, where they died.
The ramp was closed until just before 6 a.m. as authorities investigated.
CHP officer Rob Sanchez said the other motorcyclists did not stop.
The Medical Examiner's office said the pair were originally from Missouri.

This was my best friend in the whole world. That cop is full of ****, he took off after them, how does he know if we stopped or not. We pulled over and Chris took off. Now I know this was a dumb mistake but everyone is not perfect and makes dumb decisions but he didnt get a second chance. A lot of people are blaming me for his death like i dont feel bad enough. I looked up to Chris and it was the hardest thing i have ever done to carry my best friend and his sister in their caskets to their grave and face his mom and tell her what happened. I feel so bad i can hardly stand it. I guess the old saying istrue "Only the good die young" Rest in peace Chris and Rachel, please watch over me and may i see you again in heaven someday.

Sincerely,
Kendal

EDIT: Removed the advertisement copied with the article.

Old 06-01-2007, 01:00 AM
Default RE: Lost my best friend and his sister in a motorcycle accident.

thats tragic man, absolutely tragic.

Old 06-01-2007, 01:12 AM
Banned

A lot of people are blaming me for his death like i dont feel bad enough.
I really couldn't tell exactly what happened from your post, but you cannot blame yourself and it isn't right for others to blame you. Riding a bike is like scuba diving, you are alone and your life is in your own hands. It is an inherently dangerous activity and only training and brains allows us to survive each ride and dive. Taking a passenger on your bike should put us in a different mode altogether, I call it "goldwing mode'.

Sorry for your losses.

Old 06-01-2007, 01:17 AM
Retired Moderator

I am so sorry Smalls...there is nothing we can say to console you, but we are all very sorry for your loss...I can't imagine the level of your sorrow. Prayers go out to the family...it is not your fault!

Old 06-01-2007, 01:38 AM

i never post in these cuase i never really know what to say but i am truely sorry for this family i cant imagine lossing one of my family memebers but have to lose 2 kids in one night must be unreal. my condolences to the family

Old 06-01-2007, 02:04 AM

He made his own decision to run, it's unfortunate for the sister.

Sorry for your loss.

Old 06-01-2007, 03:02 AM

Sorry for your loss. I read about this in an instruction today at work. New naval message wants every rider and potential rider to identify what bike they ride, and experience level, and accident history to develope some sort of training. In the bulliten, they spoke of this particular incident in regards to sailors getting killed on bikes. Why did he run?????????? Regardless, a pointles and preventable loss, sypathy to all affected.

Old 06-01-2007, 08:38 AM

Running...and with a passenger. Right, thinning of the gene pool man. Sorry for your loss but...on these bikes, you get very few second chances. And why is there an add in your tear jerker of post? seems odd to me that your all broken up about it but still post up an add? I'm trully sorry for what the parents are going through right now. And also,for all of the Seamen and Women that now have to deal with Improved motorcycle safety policys that will be rolling down from the head shead because one guy thought running was a good Idea.

Old 06-01-2007, 09:19 AM

I am so sorry to hear this....Cops Lie Period. . . I will be praying for the family and for you. Its hard to lose someone like this. If you need anything, we are all here for ya dude.

Old 06-01-2007, 09:21 AM

Also...for those who want to talk about oh he shouldn't have ran, its instict sometimes. The guy is having a hard time with this anyways, keep your "smartass" comments to yourself, for real. When someone is hurting they dont want to hear that ****.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Lost my best friend and his sister in a motorcycle accident.