Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

lol @ ricers

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2008, 10:43 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lol @ ricers

What is it with ricers and roll-racing? I mean, come on... whats the point of roll-races anyway? All it proves is who can buy the faster car... not who can actually drive worth a d**m.

Friday night Im headed up rt219 to johnstown in the mustang when I see a riced-the-f**k-out kia or hyundai or some other piece of s**t (and I pride myself on my ability to tell the make and model of cars when I see them... so when its riced so bad that I cant even tell what it is for sure, you know its bad) on an onramp. Naturally, I laugh at the thing... stickers all over the windows, star-trek body kit, giant wheels (probably weighed close to 25lbs apiece)... the works. Anyway, the douchebag driving apparently sees the black taillight panel on my stang and somehow in his ricer mindset, that automatically means I want to race.

So what does he do? A double lane change without signalling... then he proceeds to floor it to catch up with me... doing well over the limit (I was doing about 75, and he was gaining pretty quick). Just for s**ts and giggles, I clutch in, shift to 3rd, and wait for him to get alongside me... I drop the clutch and floor it, and whats this? He stops pulling on me? Come one, talk about a weak car... I wait until hes completely beside me to accelerate, and he still cant get past my little v6 mustang? Weak. Anyways, I keep walking away from him and let off in the mid-90's because 1) going 30 past the limit is a no-no, and 2) according to ford, the mustang driveshaft is prone to failure at speeds greater than 100.

So Im done playing with him (I usually f**k with cars on the highway that try to pass lol), so I slow back down to 75 and continue on my way... but ricer boy isnt finished... he pulls up next to me and starts slowing down... so what do I do? Slow down more... we continued for probably a good mile with me a car length behind him because Im not going to try to roll-race this douche bag and his tool of a friend (why is it that people do the dumbest things when theyre around friends?). Eventaully, he gets tired of it (were 10 below the limit now) and he floors it (taking a while to actually accelerate) lol

Anyway, I found the whole thing pretty amusing, especially given that I drive a mostly stock (AEM dryflow filter and thats it) v6 mustang, and he still couldnt pass me with a head start. But seriously, roll racing is just two idiots speeding together... so why do ricers do it?

(also, until friday, I had no idea just how well a little split-port 232 could actually pull you back into the seats lol)

Old 08-24-2008, 11:02 AM
Default RE: lol @ ricers

Im talking the new-school version of ricer... the f&tf version... the old-school meaning is kind of ignorant IMO

Old 08-24-2008, 11:20 AM

Fast and Furious id imagine, dunno what the t is for. 2 maybe?

Old 08-24-2008, 11:31 AM

fast & the furious... I put the t in front of the last f

Old 08-24-2008, 11:58 AM

fart cannons and space ship kits...lol
tastefully modded civics i dont mind..no big ugly body kits though

Old 08-24-2008, 12:38 PM

Some harley guy told me i rode a ricerocket...i laughed and shook my head, funny how our "rice rockets" go faster than their loud obnoxious oil leakers. anyway...ricers amuse me

Old 08-24-2008, 12:52 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like rice with beef and broccoli.