Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Living in a Hotel...

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2008, 07:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Living in a Hotel...

Ok... i must ask if i am just wierd or if any of you could do the same thing. I have a home in OK that i rent out to friends. I am an oil and gas broker for a company in another state. I am currently working on projects in the Southern Tier of NY. Basically Buffalo to Albany, anything south of there is game. Lately "since 5/5/2007" i have been in the Ithaca area. I cant buy or rent an apartment or home because at that point i become "local" and the company i work for will not pay for my food $30 perday, lodging $100 per day, and mileage @ $0.505 per mile. So i have been living in a hotel in the area for almost a year now. Im used to not being in oklahoma, (i only own a house there bc rent was a waste of money.) im single, and meeting ladies in a small town with 2 colleges is not difficult at all.

So that being said.. how many of you think youdo this, and for how long??

I know when i find the right girl, im going to have to settle down somewhere.

Am I Crazy? Is thisa good gig to you guys?

Opinions appreciated.

some pics to give you an idea... its a posh hotel, owned by hilton, brand new with all flatscreens, the bonus, all i have to do here is wipe my ***.. im not a dirty guy, but i dont have to do dishes, laundry, nothing, just leave $30 tip every week..

Name:  Picture007-1.jpg
Views: 10
Size:  13.9 KB bedroom

Name:  Picture004.jpg
Views: 13
Size:  11.1 KBliving room..

Name:  Picture003.jpg
Views: 10
Size:  12.4 KBkitchen...kinda

Name:  Picture002.jpg
Views: 23
Size:  13.7 KBliving room/ office...

not to mention no rent or bills....

now you can understand why i paid cash for my bike.

Old 02-18-2008, 07:53 PM
Default RE: Living in a Hotel...

Sounds like you're living the dream. I'd sure do it.

Old 02-18-2008, 07:59 PM
RCR

I lived in hotels traveling for a company for about 9 months and it drove me crazy but I have kids and house. If I were single it probably wouldn't of been so bad.

Old 02-18-2008, 08:01 PM

only thing that is driving me crazy is not having my own space.. i see someone everytime i leave my room... that gets alittle annoying.

Old 02-18-2008, 08:03 PM

sounds like a pretty good deal to me, don't know if I could live in a hotel though.

Old 02-18-2008, 08:06 PM

ORIGINAL: 600f4i_blackout

$100/day for lodging doesn't sound like all that much to me, what kind of hotel are you staying in? If I had to live there day-to-day I would expect something with a kitchen at least.
i just posted pics.. i couldnt get them to embed. $100 per day is a reccomendation.. my room costs the public $200-$249 per night.. but since i dont ever check out, and my company pays me for it (so i have unreal ammounts of hilton honors points) i only pay $89+tax... and after 30days i become tax exempt.

it has a kitchen, use the foreman alot for chicken ect. but no oven bothers me alittle.

Old 02-18-2008, 08:08 PM

ORIGINAL: OKIEZAC

ORIGINAL: 600f4i_blackout

$100/day for lodging doesn't sound like all that much to me, what kind of hotel are you staying in? If I had to live there day-to-day I would expect something with a kitchen at least.
i just posted pics.. i couldnt get them to embed. $100 per day is a reccomendation.. my room costs the public $200-$249 per night.. but since i dont ever check out, and my company pays me for it (so i have unreal ammounts of hilton honors points) i only pay $89+tax... and after 30days i become tax exempt.

it has a kitchen, use the foreman alot for chicken ect. but no oven bothers me alittle.
i edited my post after seeing you post the pics still a pretty sweet deal.

Old 02-18-2008, 08:49 PM

If you would have stayed at a Holiday Inn last night you would have known the answer to your question..... lol

Old 02-18-2008, 09:12 PM

I did it for a month, I thought it was alright, but I didn't have a sweet setup like that, not even a kitchenette. The fact it was inNJ (the armpit and butt-hole of the world, in one place) made it even worse. I'm not even married, but I couldn't see myself doing that for too much longer. At least it got cleaned every day, the bed made, the coffee restocked, and new soap and shampoo every few days.

Old 02-18-2008, 09:51 PM

So where you keep you bike?? Or is it back home?

Look pretty sweet. Always on vacation, lol

Quick Reply: Living in a Hotel...