CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://cbrforum.com/forum/off-topic-6/)
-   -   Living in a Hotel... (https://cbrforum.com/forum/off-topic-6/living-hotel-60217/)

OKIEZAC 02-18-2008 07:51 PM

Living in a Hotel...

4 Attachment(s)
Ok... i must ask if i am just wierd or if any of you could do the same thing. I have a home in OK that i rent out to friends. I am an oil and gas broker for a company in another state. I am currently working on projects in the Southern Tier of NY. Basically Buffalo to Albany, anything south of there is game. Lately "since 5/5/2007" i have been in the Ithaca area. I cant buy or rent an apartment or home because at that point i become "local" and the company i work for will not pay for my food $30 perday, lodging $100 per day, and mileage @ $0.505 per mile. So i have been living in a hotel in the area for almost a year now. Im used to not being in oklahoma, (i only own a house there bc rent was a waste of money.) im single, and meeting ladies in a small town with 2 colleges is not difficult at all.

So that being said.. how many of you think youdo this, and for how long??

I know when i find the right girl, im going to have to settle down somewhere.

Am I Crazy? Is thisa good gig to you guys?

Opinions appreciated.

some pics to give you an idea... its a posh hotel, owned by hilton, brand new with all flatscreens, the bonus, all i have to do here is wipe my ass.. im not a dirty guy, but i dont have to do dishes, laundry, nothing, just leave $30 tip every week..

Attachment 76310 bedroom

Attachment 76311living room..

Attachment 76312kitchen...kinda

Attachment 76313living room/ office...

not to mention no rent or bills....

now you can understand why i paid cash for my bike.

sixhundredrr 02-18-2008 07:53 PM

RE: Living in a Hotel...

Sounds like you're living the dream. I'd sure do it.

RCR 02-18-2008 07:59 PM

I lived in hotels traveling for a company for about 9 months and it drove me crazy but I have kids and house. If I were single it probably wouldn't of been so bad.

OKIEZAC 02-18-2008 08:01 PM

only thing that is driving me crazy is not having my own space.. i see someone everytime i leave my room... that gets alittle annoying.

600f4i_blackout 02-18-2008 08:03 PM

sounds like a pretty good deal to me, don't know if I could live in a hotel though.

OKIEZAC 02-18-2008 08:06 PM

ORIGINAL: 600f4i_blackout

$100/day for lodging doesn't sound like all that much to me, what kind of hotel are you staying in? If I had to live there day-to-day I would expect something with a kitchen at least.
i just posted pics.. i couldnt get them to embed. $100 per day is a reccomendation.. my room costs the public $200-$249 per night.. but since i dont ever check out, and my company pays me for it (so i have unreal ammounts of hilton honors points) i only pay $89+tax... and after 30days i become tax exempt.

it has a kitchen, use the foreman alot for chicken ect. but no oven bothers me alittle.

600f4i_blackout 02-18-2008 08:08 PM

ORIGINAL: OKIEZAC

ORIGINAL: 600f4i_blackout

$100/day for lodging doesn't sound like all that much to me, what kind of hotel are you staying in? If I had to live there day-to-day I would expect something with a kitchen at least.
i just posted pics.. i couldnt get them to embed. $100 per day is a reccomendation.. my room costs the public $200-$249 per night.. but since i dont ever check out, and my company pays me for it (so i have unreal ammounts of hilton honors points) i only pay $89+tax... and after 30days i become tax exempt.

it has a kitchen, use the foreman alot for chicken ect. but no oven bothers me alittle.
i edited my post after seeing you post the pics :D still a pretty sweet deal.

crashkhanman 02-18-2008 08:49 PM

If you would have stayed at a Holiday Inn last night you would have known the answer to your question..... ;)lol

Juggernaut 02-18-2008 09:12 PM

I did it for a month, I thought it was alright, but I didn't have a sweet setup like that, not even a kitchenette. The fact it was inNJ (the armpit and butt-hole of the world, in one place) made it even worse. I'm not even married, but I couldn't see myself doing that for too much longer. At least it got cleaned every day, the bed made, the coffee restocked, and new soap and shampoo every few days.

D2VW14_20 02-18-2008 09:51 PM

So where you keep you bike?? Or is it back home?

Look pretty sweet. Always on vacation, lol