Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

LAST Day Where From Here

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2007, 12:11 AM
Friend and Hero ...
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LAST Day Where From Here

Just had to vent a little. [sm=smiley22.gif]

Today is my last day unofficially, I have leave time left to burn up and it is almost like leaving home, for the first time. I'm not exactly sure how I feel kind of numb just not sure what life brings from this point forward. I realize, I have a game plan, but it's going to be so strange to wake up and not put on a uniform. I am proud to have serve this Great Nation and grateful for having the opportunity to have met such great Marines and in some small way helped shape some Marines and Mentor to them.Also for having met and worked with others from different branches with great skill. Sorry, just kind of at a loss for words, if you can imagine that. I'm going to let the creed be my guide. From this point forward, I'm going to dedicate myself to the recovery from the surgery and getting back to hopefully this way of life, because I'm going to miss a lot of things about this way of life.

[align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P34d5...eature=related[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h88Va...eature=related[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zP1pv...eature=related[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-79o...eature=related[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]OOHRAH[/align][align=center]Semper Fi for life![/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align]

Old 12-21-2007, 12:22 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: LAST Day Where From Here

Hang in there, one day at a time. Great Australian quote: "She'll be right mate".

Old 12-21-2007, 12:26 AM

Keep your chin up bro.

Old 12-21-2007, 01:01 AM

It's gotta be one of the most difficult experiences I'm sure you've ever faced--even live enemy fire--which says a lot about the things you've done and the places you've been.

It's not much comfort, I know, without being able to see the future, but your situation now may have ultimately saved you from being KIA or something almost as bad, if you understand me. Perhaps now you have a second chance to take care of your loved ones--and all of us delinquents here. [sm=helpout.gif]

You're a high-speed individual and I'm sure you'll IAO.

OOHRAH and Semper Fi to you too, TA

Old 12-21-2007, 02:12 AM
Friend and Hero ...

You have some valid points spirit, and I'm torn between reenlistment and something in the civilian world. My family is very important to me and they have sacrificed right along with me. Don't want this to come off like I am bragging, but I always felt like, I was blessed on the field of battle. I have had rounds buzz right by me have had individuals stand at almost point-blank range and unload and never received a scratch. The closest they got to taking me out was a damn IED after we were ordered to switch methods of insertion. That was one of the rare times in my life. When I had that something bad going to happen feeling.

Old 12-21-2007, 02:17 AM

Hardcorp, had a think about my last post & thought it sounded a bit trite.
Ok, 10 years ago I pulled the pin on my working life, after 20 years working for the government, I know how you feel at this moment, I walked away from a post that came with a bit of status & security, mostly though, I walked away from people that had been friends & companions, We probably knew more about each other than our spouses. It takes a while, but you tune in to the "New" page in your life, its not that you get over it, its just that you re-focus on wots important.

Old 12-21-2007, 02:26 AM
Friend and Hero ...

Peacemaker you have summed it up better than most have all week. With age truly does come wisdom, and I thank you for sharing it with me I have not hit the rack all night have been too restless to sleep. Not depressed. Just thinking about the very things you posted

Old 12-21-2007, 04:05 AM

ORIGINAL: HARDCORP 8654

Just had to vent a little. [sm=smiley22.gif]

Today is my last day unofficially, I have leave time left to burn up and it is almost like leaving home, for the first time. I'm not exactly sure how I feel kind of numb just not sure what life brings from this point forward. I realize, I have a game plan, but it's going to be so strange to wake up and not put on a uniform. I am proud to have serve this Great Nation and grateful for having the opportunity to have met such great Marines and in some small way helped shape some Marines and Mentor to them.Also for having met and worked with others from different branches with great skill. Sorry, just kind of at a loss for words, if you can imagine that. I'm going to let the creed be my guide. From this point forward, I'm going to dedicate myself to the recovery from the surgery and getting back to hopefully this way of life, because I'm going to miss a lot of things about this way of life.

[align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P34d5...eature=related[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h88Va...eature=related[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zP1pv...eature=related[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-79o...eature=related[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]OOHRAH[/align][align=center]Semper Fi for life![/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align]
All respect in the world for you and your fellow soldiers.

I'd go to Iraq, and lay waste to anyone in a friggin turban who didn't have I wanna hump Bush T-shirt on.

In fact in late 04 I tried to get in the Marines.

Got rejected because I had seen a shrink at one time, had a DWI back in my teens, and...maybe just too old.

I tried to sign a waiver.

But no go.

Anyway,

Don't take any chances...kids handing you candy, cars driving into checkpoints too fast...whatever.

Blow to smither-****ing-reens and ask questions later.

^ Another reason I probably didn't get to go.

I'd shoot the whole damn piece of **** country to pieces.

Anyway, I'm on your side, our side.... THE JUST SIDE.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Those people are friggin fuggin nuts.

Old 12-21-2007, 04:09 AM

www.memri.org

Old 12-21-2007, 08:35 AM

Hardcorp, I know how you feel wanting to fight foryour country
& the man next to you. That feeling will never goaway.My dad was working on B-52's
in Thailand during th Vietnam war when I was born. Every man in my family
has fought in a war except for me & that my friend eats at me every day
of my life. I served in the Air Force between 92 & 96 as a airman with my
AFSOC being Search & Rescue. All my rescues were peacetime & civilian related.
After 9/11 it almost killed me not to re-up & head to Afghanistan. Even now
I think about joining Blackwater or some other agency to get me over to the
other side of the pond. Sooner or later we all must hang up the uniform.

Once a soldier always a soldier !!