Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

to kick or not to kick a door

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2010, 01:43 AM
Official Welcome Crew Spicy Cat
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Cobra22nd
I have a straight pipe so I can assault the eardrums. Those harley aholes think their stuff is loud. I have 2x as many cylinders, higher revs, and my pipe ends a foot and a half after the header. I just pull the clutch, rev it, and murder eardrums. It hurts my ears with a helmet on. I have got to get a muffler.
lol. who needs a horn, right?

Old 03-29-2010, 08:51 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a straight pipe so I can assault the eardrums. Those harley aholes think their stuff is loud. I have 2x as many cylinders, higher revs, and my pipe ends a foot and a half after the header. I just pull the clutch, rev it, and murder eardrums. It hurts my ears with a helmet on. I have got to get a muffler.
Oh so you're that guy. Do you also bounce off the rev limiter while sitting at lights and ride with your helmet strapped to your seat?

(sorry.... nothing personal lol... I think loud pipes for the sake of loud pipes is a real d*ck move to those around you)

Old 03-29-2010, 02:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

out of all of your comments...i think ill start knockin mirrors off, i like that one...as for the load pipes, this 929 is the first bike ive owned with a stock pipe and i can play without makin toomuch noise...as for the ball bearings...i dont think i could get-em out of my pocket fast enough...

Old 03-29-2010, 03:50 PM

I thought many times what I would do if I had a close call. The stories about knocked off mirrors and bearings thrown at 100 mph I heard even before I bought my bike.

Personally I use cell phone in a car with a head set (standard iPhone one), but I always pay attention to the road as much as I'd without talking even if I miss something in the conversation.

Unfortunately, people never realize that something might be at their fault. If they drive on the road, then it's their road. Getting angry at someone who didn't let them cut off or go around is a daily practice in cali. It even gets to a such ridiculous moments like HydroPrelude85 described earlier. I hate violence and think every problem can be resolved if you approach it from logical point of view, but sometimes it's worth it. Although some might start hating bikers even more after that, since they didn't notice their fault and now think the biker kicked the door just for fun. Like in France, the kicking off mirrors became such usual activity, so it even taught the drivers to respect bikers, or otherwise they will need a new set of mirrors.

Old 03-29-2010, 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by 2H company
Like in France, the kicking off mirrors became such usual activity, so it even taught the drivers to respect bikers, or otherwise they will need a new set of mirrors.

that is what im talkin about....i hate France a little less now....

Old 03-29-2010, 05:30 PM
Administrator - Retired

that is what im talkin about....i hate France a little less now....
Haha! Me too...

Old 03-30-2010, 03:23 AM
Official Welcome Crew Spicy Cat

nah I think I will continue to hate France just as much as I've always hated France.

Old 04-04-2010, 03:19 PM

haha im 17 and im not a nice biker when my life is threatened by these idiots who dont pay attention as my parents drive i have noticed the best way to get your own back is to pull along side knock on the window give em the bird and shoot off. but no never kik there door they may then stop and ring police and the police will be all you damaged their car they didnt damage you and a close call aint a good enough reason blah blah blah i found that threatening a white van man to drag him outta his window drag him down the road before planting his head under my rear wheel after he purposly pushed me into oncoming traffic because he was in the wrong lane and i had L plates but i do believe people are going soft just remember if you do a good enough job then they wont be able to tell the police who you are!!

Old 04-04-2010, 07:06 PM

I dont see the point in running with no muffler. The cons outweigh the pro's massively. Apart from causing unessesary hearing damage, big loss of low-mid power, shooting flames on hard decel and pissing everyone off. The police can also hear you coming a mile away. I rode 30 mile with a GP style exhaust and I couldnt wait to get my stocker back. The loud noise is the main reason harley riders are hated. Seen the harley southpark ep?

If someone pisses you off and you decide to unleash some sound warfare, everyone around you gets a dose of it aswel. Not just el horhay who cant drive worth a ****.

Originally Posted by bambam
out of all of your comments...i think ill start knockin mirrors off, i like that one...as for the load pipes, this 929 is the first bike ive owned with a stock pipe and i can play without makin toomuch noise...as for the ball bearings...i dont think i could get-em out of my pocket fast enough...
I know it happens in a few seconds and you dont get much time to react. But if youre going to take someones wing mirror off, hit it downwards. You risk some sprainage if you go for a clothes line manuver. I dont kick in doors as theres a chance the same guy who takes the same route as you will track you down. Worst case sinario, the door you kicked in gets opened on you as you filter past lol.

Someone has to **** me off something fierce before I decide I want a new mirror.

Old 04-05-2010, 06:29 AM

Originally Posted by Preid

Someone has to **** me off something fierce before I decide I want a new mirror.
yup... the guy pushed all the right buttons... reading this i had a laugh invisioning a wall on the garage full of anger-trophy mirrors....

Quick Reply: to kick or not to kick a door