Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

to kick or not to kick a door

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2010, 07:02 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down to kick or not to kick a door

dont usually post close calls cause we all have em, but this one pissed me off so bad..., went for a little afta work ride yesterday and had a 16 (or so) year old driver on a cell phone pull out into me, i had a clear opposite lane(on-coming)so i was able to swerve and missed gettin killed by inches, i began my WTF by tryin to get him to pull over and he wood not get off the cell, i must have become soft , as i have kicked a huge dent into a door before in similar instances..but i gave up the cage battle and went home...watch out people, there are so many peeps on cell phones driving now and not paying attention to bikes...

Old 03-25-2010, 07:16 AM

It is people like this that ruin it for the rest of us (both those on two wheels and those who know how to use a cell phone properly in the car).

Old 03-25-2010, 07:32 AM
Jan 2009 ROTM

I have never seen or met anyone that can properly use a cell phone in a car, myself included. Even with a blue tooth i have noticed that i dont have 100% attention, so i still pull over if i need to talk. They have made it illegal around here starting next month i think, and they plan to reign down on people with fines for cell use. Personally i am very happy about that.

Old 03-25-2010, 08:30 AM

Originally Posted by TK954RR
I have never seen or met anyone that can properly use a cell phone in a car, myself included. Even with a blue tooth i have noticed that i dont have 100% attention, so i still pull over if i need to talk. They have made it illegal around here starting next month i think, and they plan to reign down on people with fines for cell use. Personally i am very happy about that.
I've noticed a lack of complete attention being paid when I'm on the phone and driving too. Its a habit that I've been working on cutting down on but its so easy to do. Texting and driving is just as bad and even easier to get into the habit of now.

To the OP, glad you made it out OK. As far as kicking the door.... escalation never seems to end up well but sometimes people really deserve it... Dunno what to tell you brother.

Old 03-25-2010, 08:58 AM

Yeah I have been out 3 or 4 times this year and have almost had a close call...I may just start carrying a pocket of ball bearings, they cant catch me in a cage lolbut seriously people are 100% clueless idiots nowadays.

Old 03-25-2010, 09:25 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TK954RR
They have made it illegal around here starting next month i think, and they plan to reign down on people with fines for cell use. Personally i am very happy about that.
I lived in cali when they made using a cell phone illegal while driving. They said they would enforce it but they last year i was there people still do it.

I think cars should all be equiped with onstar or something similar but it should be free. And with the free onstar a device will jam your cell phone from being used unless your a few feet away from your car.

Old 03-25-2010, 09:28 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Oh to the OP. I know what you mean. I got hit by a guy and was able to get him to stop cause i got infront a hit the brakes. He ended up with a busted back window after bein a a$$ after nearly killing me. But my anger days are slowly coming to an end. You shouldnt get into any unneccesary trouble when you gotta ccl. lol

Old 03-25-2010, 09:29 AM

my lil bro is getting his l's and it is scarry being in the car with him. i try to let him he know what and when he does something wrong but he doesn't get it. unfortunately he is now one of the drivers out there we all NEED to watch out for, he thinks the road is his as long as he is driving on it.

Old 03-25-2010, 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by yzf4i
my lil bro is getting his l's and it is scarry being in the car with him. i try to let him he know what and when he does something wrong but he doesn't get it. unfortunately he is now one of the drivers out there we all NEED to watch out for, he thinks the road is his as long as he is driving on it.
And that therein lies the problem - it is a losing battle some might say. New drivers come on every day and think they own the rode. I will admit I have felt that way sometimes but I've been driving for a relatively short time ~2 years.

As for the cell phones - where I am they outlawed that like 4 months ago. Yet I still see people and COPS talking on their cell phones while they drive. Even texting, I have cut down on it, but I am guilty of texting on certain roads. In a city thats a negative, but out in the country where we have long stretches I do...I shouldn't I know but I do.

OT: Anyway, I would have kicked the door, it would have gotten his attention at least. But I don't have a bike or have ever ridden a bike so I don't have first hand experience. But a near-death experience calls for something like that IMO.

Old 03-25-2010, 10:07 AM
Retired Moderator & The Big Deal

as much as I agree with the fact people shouldn't drive with cell phones it's just yet another freedom our government is taking away from us.

Quick Reply: to kick or not to kick a door