Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

to kick or not to kick a door

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2010, 10:36 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RojerLockless
as much as I agree with the fact people shouldn't drive with cell phones it's just yet another freedom our government is taking away from us.
Look, I'm all about personal freedoms and keeping the government out of my biz... but there are certain issues that need to be controlled. I always go back to this quote that my High School History Teacher/Wrestling Coach used a lot. "The right to swing my fist ends where the other man's nose begins." --Olliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.

The bottom line is, you can't expect to retain the right to do something which is inherently dangerous to other people. I know I've caught myself driving like a jackass when on the phone before and have worked to cut it out completely. Just like you shouldn't be able to drink and drive because it's quite dangerous to those on the road with you, you shouldn't be able to partake in a distracting activity which impairs your driving and puts others at risk.

Old 03-25-2010, 10:41 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

And yea bam bam... I would have been tempted to find something to chuck at the little punk...

Old 03-25-2010, 01:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RojerLockless
as much as I agree with the fact people shouldn't drive with cell phones it's just yet another freedom our government is taking away from us.
Except driving is not a freedom, its a privilege.

Old 03-25-2010, 02:00 PM

Could just rig a cell phone jammer to your bike.

Old 03-25-2010, 02:06 PM

theres been a few times when ive had a serious inner discussion with myself on wether or not to kick a door in. part of me says **** yes the people deserve it they need a wake up call maybe it will make them look/think twice next time. the other part of me doesnt like confronting people and if i were to mess with the wrong person they could be the one with a concealed weapons permit and start following me to do god knows what. im not a fighter by nature, but have an issue with dumb ********, and not sure how to express that while on a motorcycle.

have you guys ever had anything thrown at you? a week or so ago there were some (im guessing) jealous fat ugly chicks that decided to throw some of their french fries at me, inbetween shoving their fat pimple faces with their cheeseburgers. they were so focused on eating, that i had to accelerate around them as they were a hazard to me hitting the brakes randomly etc. so at the stop light they stopped next to me and threw some fries at me and proceeded to laugh about it. what to do? well i lifted my visor and had a few choice words for them followed by the finger. whole intersection watching probably thinking what the hell? ANYWAYS, after i took off, they had me a little worked up and i thought hard about giving their door a swift kick as a reminder. or maybe my armored gloves. ****ing ugly bit-ches hating. I ended up just riding away and letting it go.

that situation is really the only one where it wasnt so much a faulty driver that provoked me (atleast afterwards), but an immature one none the less. usually its the douschbags who try to merge into me or cut across 3 lanes to make a turn real quick. those ****ers need a wake up call.

id really like to know other peoples opinions on this sort of topic as well.... hope i didnt jack your thread man...

Old 03-25-2010, 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by andyriot
theres been a few times when ive had a serious inner discussion with myself on wether or not to kick a door in. part of me says **** yes the people deserve it they need a wake up call maybe it will make them look/think twice next time. the other part of me doesnt like confronting people and if i were to mess with the wrong person they could be the one with a concealed weapons permit and start following me to do god knows what. im not a fighter by nature, but have an issue with dumb ********, and not sure how to express that while on a motorcycle.

have you guys ever had anything thrown at you? a week or so ago there were some (im guessing) jealous fat ugly chicks that decided to throw some of their french fries at me, inbetween shoving their fat pimple faces with their cheeseburgers. they were so focused on eating, that i had to accelerate around them as they were a hazard to me hitting the brakes randomly etc. so at the stop light they stopped next to me and threw some fries at me and proceeded to laugh about it. what to do? well i lifted my visor and had a few choice words for them followed by the finger. whole intersection watching probably thinking what the hell? ANYWAYS, after i took off, they had me a little worked up and i thought hard about giving their door a swift kick as a reminder. or maybe my armored gloves. ****ing ugly bit-ches hating. I ended up just riding away and letting it go.

that situation is really the only one where it wasnt so much a faulty driver that provoked me (atleast afterwards), but an immature one none the less. usually its the douschbags who try to merge into me or cut across 3 lanes to make a turn real quick. those ****ers need a wake up call.

id really like to know other peoples opinions on this sort of topic as well.... hope i didnt jack your thread man...
I think that would have been a time when my concealed weapon would have been unconcealed maybe just the handle or something but they surely would have seen it. If they were hot I wouldve pulled out my other gun !!!! YEA RIGHT AT THE INTERSECTION I LIKE SHOWING IT OFF

Old 03-25-2010, 04:34 PM
Nex

People driving on cell phones is just something we'll have to deal with, They are attempting to pass the law to make it Illegal here in Wi as well, but I can see people doing it just the same. Not sure I would kick someone's door....I am more of a defensive rider. Younger drivers scare the crap out of me, that attitude that they own the road is just a death certificate to someone.

The fat chicks throwing fries....that was just f'in weird.....lol, Think I might have pointed out they were wasting food, that might have got their attention

Old 03-25-2010, 05:15 PM

This may sound stockerish but you should have followed him to where he was going and then gave him an ear full. I for one do not tolerate that crap and have done this several times. I know that some people are going to be bigger than myself but the bigger they are the harder they fall.

Old 03-25-2010, 05:50 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Here in Philly.... Not worth it
Woman Shot by Road-Rage Driver in Center City
Driver shoots woman for not letting him cut in front of her

That's for simply cutting someone off. Actual physical contact, even with their car? Honestly, I might just shoot you and claim fear for my life. But riding myself, if I caused a close call thru inattentiveness (chit happens), I'd likely attempt to apologize.

Of course I stopped using my phone while driving years before it became fashionable or illegal. When I started driving a company truck to be exact. My company (Comcast Cable) will defend their employees with the most ruthless, vampiric lawyers the planet has ever seen... so long as the employee is 100% right.

Old 03-25-2010, 06:06 PM

wow you guys deal with some screwed up people lol...fat chicks throwing fries??? If i didnt have anywhere to go I probably would have followed them for a bit just to let the fear sink in a little as soon as they started to drive more irrationally trying to "get away" id part ways continue on to where i was initially going... i just make people feel stupid when the F up.

Quick Reply: to kick or not to kick a door